• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Joya de Nicaragua Fuerte Serie B Consul

iota

Joya de Nicaragua Fuerte Serie B Consul (4.5 x 52) Nicaraguan puro, which probably seems too obvious to mention. The wrapper is the same as the Antano 1970, but the blend is different. I really like these guys. I know that some people say (or at least put in their sig line) that life is too short for cheap cigars, but hell man, I think life is too short not to try out as many as you can. Sometimes you find a gem. These were a little over two bucks each and I find it an excellent choice regardless of the price. Prelight, it has a faint barnyard aroma, not strong. It's a great looking, dark wrapper and firm but not overfilled. It lit up easy but had a little bit of trouble staying even and the ash while firm kind of split and flaked a bit. Nothing major and I didn't bother to fix it up along the way. Excellent draw all the way through. It had a nice full flavor and a medium to strong intensity. It doesn't have a lot of really spicy kick, but it's hearty and very smooth. Picks up a lot of strength toward the last third, but generally the flavor was consistent throughout the smoke. Hardly boring though. Didn't take many notes on this one, just enjoyed it with black coffee (I don't think it'd go for something sweet with this one.) I'd compare this favorably against the La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Chisel.

These were launched in 2009 and it looks like we don't have any other reviews here yet. (Although quite a few on the Antano.) So here's some other related links:
Also only vaguely related, there was CigarMan Andy's Casa Magna vs Joya de Nicaragua Antaño 1970 Poll and Contest thread (Feb 2009) with some Joy de Nicaragua general opinions. Just like everything, not for everyone.
  • Brickhouse says: "I have yet to really get into any Joya de Nicaragua. Good, but just not good enough."
  • mjolnir01 says: "I'm not a JdN fan. I don't think they're balanced cigars at all... all power and no finesse."
790307633_eps6e-XL.jpg

790330849_kfTrQ-XL.jpg

790338916_Wpg8q-XL.jpg

790352206_EW8bK-XL.jpg

790357440_htqAW-XL.jpg

I want to try this and other lines by the brand. I just had a LFD DL Churchill Espacial Oscuro, wow! that was strong, aromic, tasty, and smooth, one of the best I have smoked. The smell of it was out of this world! I will try to try all Oscuro sigars I can fiond to compare. My father Oscuro is next.

I really enjoyed your review. You obviously put much thought and work into it and it shows. Plus the very creative photos were fun.

Most importantly it was educational! :D

Steve

Always looking for a decent smoke, will try to find this at my B&M. Nice photos.