• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

JR alternatives.

evilphish

Hey all. i'm sick of my buds raiding the good stuff out of my humidor. So i'm looking for a inexpensive smoke to give them when they are over. The JR alternatives are in my price range. Does anybody have any experiance with them?

I have some of these sitting in the fridgedor:

Macanudo Devon Natural
Macanudo Devon Maduro
Macanudo Rothschils Natural

I picked them up because of the price, they really don't do much for me.

Send me your snaily if you would like to sample them.

John

I'm not a big fan of them.

If I were you, I go with Connies (Consuegra) or Cuba Aliados ;)

OR, you can find many machine made Havanas in the $2.00 to $3.00 price range, well that is of course if were legal to buy Cuban cigars here in the USA. :lookup: :p

I've been buying the alternatives now for a little while and on the whole have been pleased...I did not know what to expect really so I was not dissapointed in any...The best of the lot so far their alternative the Cohiba cuban robusto...The only ones that I did not outright like are their alternative to the Sancho Panza bellicosos...They are pretty bitter and downright nasty after you get halfway through em...The JR ALTERNATIVE REMEDIOS ROBUSTO are very nice so far, but not up to par with their Cohiba robustos...

Scooby

Which one of the Mr B Bundles are you refering to? There are several sizes on their site...I would assume that they are all pretty similar in taste, but thought I would check...

Scooby

I might be missing the ideal "cost" per stick you're going for...but padron londres are around $2.25 a stick...make your friends feel loved and not have them smoke your P 1964 or P 1926 series ;)

geldor1 Was very generous with his donation, i finaly smoked the first one last night. I Started with the Macanudo Devon Maduro. Construction was good, aroma was nice, but it felt a bit tight. I cliped the end, pre-light draw was real tight, not so tight i couldn't smoke it. It was a nice mild smoke, light to medium bodied with a nice flavor. But the burn was a bit uneven, and the coal got rather large. which did have the benifit of losening the draw up near the middle. All in all it was an ok smoke, I'm having a few friends over tonight i'll have them give them a smoke and see what they think.

Thanks again geldor1.