• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

JR alts

J Lew

taste like chicken
Is there a differance in the flavor of the alts from the different manufacturers they are trying to copy? I. E. a JR alt macanudo and a montecristo of the same size say robusto. Does JR's try to copy the flavor of the one they are saying is an alternative, or do they use the same tabacco and rollers/factory and say its an alt to that brand/size?

For almost all the cigars it is different tobacco and rollers. That being said, the way I understand it, they use the same tobacco from the region trying to replicate the cigar. Stick to Connies. The only JR Alt that I really really liked was the Remedios.

Emo

that was actually going to be my next question. I have liked the Connies I've had. :) :) :) :)

j lew,

read the history or story of jr alts on jr's home page, it explains how they started and what they actually are today, i would try to post it here, but i can't remember some of the particulars, hope that helps,

Nick

IMO the JR Alts aren't like the brands that are being copied. But... the Alts are a pretty well made, cheap, bundled cigar that does have a loyal following. I'm not into the Alts but a couple of my friends buy 'em and smoke them as lawn mowing cigars or on the golf course and they like 'em.

Aloha,

Wade