• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

JR alt's

Toaster

Puff Puff Pass v2.0 2004
I just got my new JR cigars catalog, and while browsing through I noticed all the JR Alt brands are $5.00 off.... I know alot of people are "connie" crazy- how are the JR Alt's?

They have alt's to a bunch of cuban stuff, are they any good? or at least worth $15-$20 a box of 20?

Just curious.

I don't believe I've ever heard anything good about the Alts. But someone must like 'em :p I remember a post a few months ago where someone said they all taste the same.

lucasbuck said:
I don't believe I've ever heard anything good about the Alts. But someone must like 'em :p I remember a post a few months ago where someone said they all taste the same.
that would have been the cat from connecticut with the English motor car mania.

i've tried a bunch of these and would recommend you try the La Gloria Cubana Cuban Alt, Punch Pita Alt and maybe the Partagas Alt.

They're definitely NOT great cigars but at about a buck a stick, what do you expect, right?

best,
gus

The $5 off has been going on forever!

I have had the Aston Alts and they were good. They ERDM Rectangulars are not good though.

I don't smoke them anymore but they are not really that bad for mowing the yard IMO.

I had the "opportunity" to trade for 25 or so different Alts, all allegedly over a year old, about 4 years ago. Most I did not like; two I actually bought a bundle of: Alt to Cuban Bolivar Corona Gigante and Alt to Cuban Ramon Allones Gigantes. OTT they were terrible; after a year, I enjoyed them. They're good for when I want a cigar but don't (or can't) sit and concentrate on the cigar. As always YMMV.