• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

JR Cigars in Selma and NYC

Castaway

Stopped at the JR store in Selma on the way up to Jersey last week along I-95. The store has a whole lot more than just cigars, and my wife enjoyed poking around the rest of the building while I perused the cigars. As mentioned by others, the store has what the catalog has, along with singles of their house brand and some other brands. It sure is nice to see that many cigars on display.

Then, I was in the City on Sunday and made it to their store there. Had one of their Ultimates while I browsed. Interesting that the humidifiers in the store actually blew clouds of fog. Don't see that down here in humid ol' Fla.

The cigar store that was really cool in the City, though, was the Nat Sherman store which was a block south of the JR store on 5th Ave. Very classy place, lots of heavy wood counters, an upstairs humidor, sitting room for smoking that overlooked the street. Never had their cigars before, so I bought a couple that their very helpful sales people said were typical of the brand. Next time up I'll plan to spend more time there.

I may have to stop into the NYC store one day after work. What are the prices like?

Prices seemed the same as in the catalog. But you can get singles if you want to try their brands without springing for a box or 5-pack.

Castaway said:
Prices seemed the same as in the catalog. But you can get singles if you want to try their brands without springing for a box or 5-pack.
[snapback]193129[/snapback]​

That's exactly what I had in mind. Might even stop in the Nat Sherman store too. It's all new to me, and I'm thinking that the tactile experience would be enjoyable as well as educational.