• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

JR Cigars

emodx

Banned
Reaction score
An acquaintance recntly gifted me a box of Upmann Premier 7x50 tubos. He sent them to me through JR's... 9 out of 10 had mold. 6 of 10 had wrapper damage from over humidification. :angry: The box arrived with the original wrapper on the box. So my question is, do most tabaconists remove the wrapper before placing in the humidor? Or is it possible that because they are tubes and wrapped, that JR's did put them in the dor? Anyone else have a problem like this through JR's? I contacted my friend and customer service. Hopefully they will correct the problem and exchange them for another box of the same.

Emo

On second thought, did any of you guys order me a box? He said to be expecting a package in the mail, and I assumed that this was from him. Just want to make sure that this isn't from an annonymous gifter. :D
Emo

I knew I had ordered an extra moldy box from them for somebody here. Thanks for reminding me!

LMAO
Dave :p :sign:

Emo,

All of JR's cigars are kept in a humidified warehouse until shipped to customers. They do not remove box wrappers. The way they receive cigars by manufacturers is the way they are kept until shipment to you.

You should have no problem returning the cigars. JR's is one of the best in customer service. I've returned a couple of items to them over the years that I have dealt with them with no problems. :thumbs:

Whew...thanks for the reply shadow...the only places I have heard good things about JR's customer service is on JR's bulletain boards and A.s.c....Good to know some one is looking out...
Emo

Just got some Special Coronas from JR, beautiful smokes!!!

YUM YUM YUM

Lee...Put aside one of hose special corona's for me. I have heard mixed reactions to them, but they seem to have a following. I am going to start a pass in a few weeks or maybe be in one of yours soon. Will swap a tastey for it. ;)
Emo

Emo,
I too have had over humidification of cigar/wrapper problems with JR's product. Me thinks just because they have SO much product JR's is always a crap shoot, you never know what your going to get unless you buy name-brand. The good news is they will indeed replace or refund with out hassle for the most part.
Cblev :thumbs: :thumbs:

Emo,
I have four left, smoked one..........awesome smoke and gifted one to Phatash. They only have the #1 left, I might order another six cause in my opinion, they are pretty good for a $2 smoke!

I'll save one for ya!

Leebo ;)

Just got off the phone with JR's. Sending me a return label and credit for the smokes. Still can't believe I got a box full of moldy cigars...Oh well....

Emo

Well, got my UPS return label today. Will post later when I know more. I'll keep my fingers crossed that their customer service is as great as their prices.

Emo