• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

JR Cohiba Alts...

Davinci

I recently purchased a bundle of JR Cohiba alts. I got it in the mail today, and I am smoking the first one right now. I gotta say these are #### good cigars. Fairly cool (a little hot at the end), good taste and great draw. They are very much like Cohibas actually! For &#3615 a box, Im estatic I found these. They are robustos by the way.

Davinci, let some of those Alts sleep for about six months or longer and they get better. You might also want to try the Alt to St. Luis Rey B and the Alt to the Monty #2.

I think I will do just that, because I tried another one and it was horrible. Very bitter and tight draw. Is this just because they haven't aged yet?(Edited by Davinci at 2:34 am on July 24, 2001)

I agree with Shadow, and Bill knows his alts, I personally don't care for the alt Monte #2, it didn't impress me at all. Now the Alt SLR B, now that is a #### fine smoke, nice and spicy and I usually smoke maddies. Another alt favorite of mine is the Alt Remedios Don Victor M, this is a true second of the Remedios DV and is good off the truck and excellent with some age, I smoked a 3yo one last night and was blown away by it. But be careful with alts, some are not even close to their alternative. Connies are much safer bet, they are appearance 2nds.