• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

JR Ultimates

emodx

Banned
Has anyone tried the Ultimates? If so, what size? I am looking to get some but wanna hear what you guys think. If anyone wants to make a trade for 3-4 let me know. :thumbs:

Emo

I haven't tried them yet, but they get mentioned a lot in the same sentence as Connies. A little more spendy than Connies, but supposedly very good especially with some age.

FT...from what I know about them, they're specially made for JR's(like the Alts), except they aren't alts because they are specially blended to be "ultimate" among lower priced cigars.

Emo

Yeah, that's my take too. I've heard they are far better than the Alts. And unlike Connies, they aren't seconds so there's more consistency there. I think there's also an Alt Ult, but it's nowhere near as good as the real Ults.

I smoked one a couple weeks back at a herf. It was probably 7x54...HUGE ASS gar...and had about 5 years of aging on it, with a very dark wrapper. I was very impressed by it, but I'm not familiar with any others, just that one. :)

That sounds like the Ult #1 Beast. One of my favorites along with the Principales(toro sized) and the Petite Corona. :thumbs:

The JR Ultimates are tasty smokes especially in maddie and double maddie IMO. I recently tried the Ult Cabs that come with the ecuadoran SG wrapper... MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! I definitely prefer the Ult Cabs because I love the spiciness of the a good SG wrapper. As for particular sizes.... I honestly enjoyed all the different sizes I tried in both the Ults and Ult Cabs.

Aloha,

Wade

I like them :thumbs: I have some of the Particulares in mad, # 10 and the Beli in X. All are good but the Part is one of my go to cigars. :love:

I have smoked many a box of the ultimates. Each box is dated in pencil on the bottom indicating the date they were boxed. The cigars are always at least a year aged in the box. My personal favorite is the Principale similar to the Consegura 733, but in cedar, aged, and not a second as the Connie is. The double corona is another fine stick. The Connie is available as natural or maduro. The Ultimate is also available as a maduro maduro (obscuro). Very good cigar for the money.
Pepe :)

First of all, wanna thank Shadow for the great gift package. This fine gentlenman remembered I wanted to try the MNC and sent me a few along with a nice assortment on JR Ultimates. Well today I tried the smallest one after work. I was quite impressed. The one I had was a Petite Corona size(?) in the Maduro wrapper. It was a nice looking cigar with a medium bodied nose. Burn was ok. Straight for the most part, except for a short time when it tunneled. The cherry didnt stay consistant though, as if the gar was a tad underfilled. Nothing very complex about this cigar, except just good old premium tobacco flavor. Can't wait until I have enough time to sample a larger one.

Emo