• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

JRCigars Oracle

EliWaynne

I did a search and couldn't find a post about JRCigars Oracle cigar.

Has anyone tried the Oracle cigar from JRCigar? It seems reasonably priced and I'd like to try it if it's worth the money. I'll put it on my list of cigars to buy and try.

Thanks.
Eli

Looks like it’s made by Plasencia in Nic. I’ll bet it’s good. Also curious if anyone has tried it.

Looks like it’s made by Plasencia in Nic. I’ll bet it’s good. Also curious if anyone has tried it.
Yeah, I saw that it was made by them, but the name didn't mean anything to me. Too new :)

I'll have to keep that name in mind when I'm looking around. Seems like it's a name to try if I see it available.

I ordered a box of Oracle Magnum sticks tonight. I'm really curious to see how these smoke and taste. It's really not a bad price in my opinion. They also had a deal on Aging Room cigars. A 10 pack sampler. I have come to really enjoy Aging Room sticks, they are really tasty and smoke extremely well.
Anywho, when I smoke one I'll post what I think about it for anyone interested.

I ordered a box of Oracle Magnum sticks tonight. I'm really curious to see how these smoke and taste. It's really not a bad price in my opinion. They also had a deal on Aging Room cigars. A 10 pack sampler. I have come to really enjoy Aging Room sticks, they are really tasty and smoke extremely well.
Anywho, when I smoke one I'll post what I think about it for anyone interested.

Was gordo all they had?

No, off the top of my head, they had 3 different sizes. I like the bigger sticks and it was only like 2 bucks more, so I went with them.

Gotcha. Well yeah, definitely let us know how they are.

Just a bit of an update on these sticks.

I have smoke a couple of the Oracles so far. However, the couple I've smoked so far had really tight draws on them. They were a bit hard to smoke. I ended up talking to JRcigars and asking about this issue. To see if it was a somewhat common complaint or issue. They told me it wasn't.

They offered to have me send back what I had left and they would ship me out a brand new box in exchange. So, I took them up on the offer. I send mine back, and wait to get the new box.

I'll reserve comment and review on this cigar until after I get the new ones and see how it goes.

I think this is a really good cigar.

The smoke seems like it is mellow to medium. I'm still trying to develop a palate for flavors, but I seem to suck at it. :) To me it's flavorful, but not a heavy hitter, like say, a Diesel. More of a medium flavor.

It burned even most of the time. I think I lit it a uneven, so after I fixed the burn, it burned mostly even until finish. The draw was good, not great, but not too loose.

I would definitely buy these again. I enjoyed the stick and look forward to the others.

I think this is a really good cigar.

The smoke seems like it is mellow to medium. I'm still trying to develop a palate for flavors, but I seem to suck at it. :) To me it's flavorful, but not a heavy hitter, like say, a Diesel. More of a medium flavor.

It burned even most of the time. I think I lit it a uneven, so after I fixed the burn, it burned mostly even until finish. The draw was good, not great, but not too loose.

I would definitely buy these again. I enjoyed the stick and look forward to the others.

Glad they took care of you.. my experiences have been hit and miss with them. Wanna swap a couple of them? I'm sure I could scrounge up a few sticks 'round here you'd enjoy. If I like yours in gordo I'd probably buy a box of robustos (not a big fan of girthy sticks).

Have you had an Alec Bradley Sanctum before? I have 2 boxes that are about 8 years old and are all gordos. Outside of some loosies, those are the largest gauge I know I have. I can't remember much about them other than that. But I'd definitely toss in a couple of those too if interested (gonna google them after posting this for a refresher).

Lemme know! 👍