• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Just hit the "send" button

Shamrocker

Sheik Yerbouti
A few months back I'd asked for a little help with polishing up my resume to apply for a job posting with the provincial government. (Thank you all that helped BTW) That job opening wasn't quite what I was looking for so I decided to pass on it.

Just the other day I came across a different posting that is for a different government department, but very much in line with what my goals are. It's an office job, with regular hours, and no travel. Practically perfect for being able to maintain a work-life balance, and with a potential starting salary significantly higher than my current earnings.

The job posting closes on August 5th, so I'll no doubt be waiting for a little while to hear back. I'll give you all an update when I hear something.

Good luck to you brother and stay positive throughout the coming weeks!

Good luck brother and keep the faith as it all will work out for you soon...... :) :thumbs: :cool:

Nice going on taking the big step Sham! You made a huge step. Continue to keep your eyes open but relax in the knowledge that you are working towards something great.

Good luck to you in landing this job. Be very well prepared. Stay positive...be enthusiastic, but not spastic.

Good luck, Keith!

Just asking: is there a reason you're shooting for a government position rather than private sector? Maybe I missed that in another post. Only reason I ask is around here public sector stuff is probably going to start shrinking while private sector will hopefully start growing again soon.

Perhaps Canada's job climate is different right now.

Best of luck on the position. I hope you get it -- be sure to let us know! :thumbs:

Government jobs = Relax

Not entirely, but it doesn't hurt to have some of the government benefits.

Good luck, Keith!

Just asking: is there a reason you're shooting for a government position rather than private sector? Maybe I missed that in another post. Only reason I ask is around here public sector stuff is probably going to start shrinking while private sector will hopefully start growing again soon.

Perhaps Canada's job climate is different right now.

I've been in the private sector for the duration of my career, which hasn't been very long yet I'll admit, but this position will offer a number of career and developmental benefits that are currently hard to come by with the firm I'm in. I think it'd also be a great experience to see the other side of the coin. What happens with the data and plans that are prepared in the private sector on their journey to becoming a public record.

As for the job climate in Canada, there may be some offices downsizing or restructuring, but this branch is The Property Registry in Manitoba. There is very little likelihood that the agency that deals with land titles and all things pertaining to protecting the public's interest in land ownership will receive budget cuts, at least not at the level of this posting. I'm not opposed to working in either sector, but being able to progress to the level I desire to be at will probably come much sooner going this route.

Awesome, I too have recently have applied for an opening at an airline. I am hoping I get the job due to me being pretty much jobless right now and benefitless.