• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Just Picked up a bottle

Obanion

Obanion
Please help a brother out with cigar suggestions to compliment this fine scotch. I will be enjoying it with a few friends and am supplying stogies also. They are cigar newbies so will probably prefer a milder tobacco. This will be my first tasting of The Balvenie so your help will be greatly appreciated as I am unfamiliar with the flavors of this liquor. Thank you.

I really don't know how you pair a certain cigar with scotch. As far as it goes, scotch is one of my favorite drinks to pair with a cigar, but I've yet to really find a cigar that is better.

however, the double wood is a fairly robust scotch, so maybe an Opus X Robusto or La FLor Dominica of somesort would be good.

edit...just read your post again about the mild cigars. Not sure on that one. I think a scotch like this would be better with a more full flavor cigar.

I love the Double Wood and think it pairs well with earthy cigars like Avo and Davidoff. I also really enjoy it with a Padron Maduro or a Hemingway Maduro.

I've not tried the Balvenie, but when I pair a cigar with single malt, I too prefer a fuller bodied cigar, such as an Ashton VSG. I have found that with milder smokes the scotch simply overpowers the cigar flavors.

Thanks guys! I myself will smoke a Toraño Virtuoso and I think I'll go with AVO for my friends. I picked up a box of Domaine #50 a couple weeks back. That ought to do nicely. Thanks again for the help.