• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Just piddling

jorel

I have been inspired by a few others who have been doing some humidor re-arranging. Plus, I was fortunate enough to get some Tats recently (including a few Dracs and Boris), so I needed to get them humidified. (My wife wondering - what is he doooing in there??)

Side note: Oh how giddy I was - a year ago posting my pride that I had gotten my first humidor. A lovely leather Cratsman's Bench 100 count. Oh - the chiding I got . . . "will never be big enough." Yeah, yeah yeah. Three months later, and I got the same humidor again. Then this past summer a buddy gave me his 125 count humi.

So - - - while I now eye a cabinet humidor for Christmas or whenever - I wound up taking an hour plus to forgo my previous "method" of keeping sticks separated by brand - and took a more logical "by size" method. Tatuaje - - meet Illusione and Padron and Fuente. Pls marry well together (and mulitply).

At least I was able to get them all in vs. relying on prayer and humidipacks in bags. Never saw myself as a coolidor man - but that's still the newb in me.

John

Jorel...I just laughed reading your post. I too have three humidors going. I spent an hour last night going through them as well. Ending up breaking them down into Cubans in one humidor, Padron and Opus in another and various singles in a third. I also gave up organizing the Cuban and singles humidor by brand...they are all sorted by vitola now. I figure I don't age my stuff in the humidors, I smoke them as the cigars for aging are in my cooler. The cigars probably won't be together long enough to impact each other in terms of flavor. Then again, we are talking about 200+ individual cigars, so maybe I'm wrong. Time will tell. On the plus side...my wife saw me doing this and began to come around to the idea of letting me get a cabinet humidor. Could an Avallo be in my future? Who knows? If not for X-Mas this year, maybe in 2010.

I've never considered being a cooler-man, but with the last camping trip proving that I need a bigger camping cooler, and being sick of two boxes of cigars stuffing my humi, well, lets just say a coolerdor for long term box storage is in the works. Damn you guys!