• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Just purchased an avanti swc2800m-1 wine fridge

wutnot

Being concerned with the hot summer months ahead I just purchased an avanti swc2800m-1 wine fridge.

I am fairly new to the hobby and have not yet gone through a summer in NYC and properly storing cigars.

Currently I am using a $60 50ct humidor and empty casa magna cigar boxes for the extra storage space. I find that the seals on the these extra cases to not hold the RH steady as the conditions outside fluxuates.

So with limit space available and the summer approaching, I made the splurge to kill two birds with one stone, hence my new wine fridge.

Everything I read, is that wine fridge will provide the most optimum conditions for my stogies.

I am currently airing out the new fridge due to the new plastic smell.
Wiped it down with mild soap and water and allowing a day or two to air out, as suggested in a wine fridge 101 post.

I have a 1/2 lb of 65RH beads on the way, but will most likely order another lb to make sure I have the 28 bottle space covered as I will probably be opening it often to admire my smokes.

I will just put the cigar boxes in the fridge once ready and never have to worry about temp or humidity every again!! that is great, as I am finding as a beginner I have been anal about RH levels, even though I read everywhere not to try and over manage it.

Now I open it up to any suggestions, comments or to just plan applause.

Cheers and happy smoking.

Wutnot

Congrats on the new purchase!

Nice fridge...don't be complacent though...you still have to regularly monitor your sticks. Make sure you have enough beads. Check the humidity levels at different heights. Finally be on the watchout in case you get condensation buildup within your fridge.

How's the fridge working for you? I'm shopping around for one right now, and I've found the same model just under a different brand name locally (even has the same stock photo), and I'm trying to decide if it's worth the price. It certainly looks nice!

Hey Shamrocker, I would think with your weather you would store yours in the oven since it is so cold outside. :laugh:

You'll need more than a 1/2 pound for sure. I have a pound in my 18 bottle, and just ordered another half pound and 2 tubes to keep the RH up.