• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Just received a box of cigars

symyn

This guy has all the best intentions in buying me a box out of the blue, but I do have some questions about the cigars he bought me. These are Oliveros and I have never heard anything about them. These particular ones look to be a maduro, but they have kind of a weak name, XL For Men. Kinda sounds like a antiperspirant. Let me know your thoughts and experiences with this one. I'll light one up later tonight to give you my review.

That's the problem with all these new cigars, the marketing crew that picks out the names is terrible. If I saw these on the shelf at the store, I would automatically assume they are a cheesy wannabe cigar that is purely marketed at the twenty-something crowd who wants to look cool holding a cigar. Just like Acids.

But then again, that's just my interpretation, and I could be totally wrong! Perhaps they really are good smokes. When cigars like Cohiba, Montecristo, Fonseca and the likes first came out, were they seen as second rate for the younger crowd? I mean, they have really cool names, regardless of whether or not they're good smokes!

I will have to say the web site looks very legit. They have online dealers, along with sales reps for different states. Thats tells me that someone is working at getting their company off the groud.

I have had bad luck with such no name brands. I will look forward to your review of the smoke.

Tonydogs

It does sound like an antiperspirant! :0 If I saw them on the shelf I am sure that I would not even consider them. Unless, of course, I was feeling exceptionally macho that evening. :laugh:

Oliveros and their parent company, Habana Cuba Cigar Co. (or something like that), are very legit. They have had cigars on the market for a long while...since before the boom. I agree, the XL for Men does sound like a cheezy name...hell, it is a cheezy name. However, the cigar is not half bad. I believe the wrapper on it is a Brazilian maduro. It is medium-to-full bodied and the samples that I have smoked were flavorful. The only problem I ever had was a tight draw on a couple of them. Other than that, they were enjoyable. The also make a cigar in that line that they call the Double Corojo. I have a sample of it...I'll let you know what I think of it when I smoke it.

Give them a try, you might just like them.

I guess he actually bought them in the Oliveros store in Miami. At least he didn't buy some knock off Cubans. If they are good I will take the bands off them to give to my friends :) XL FOR MEN!!

I buy flavored cigars for my wife. Recently I won a bid on the Devil's Website (CBid) for Oliveros "Long Lady" Vanilla 5 pack. These were esentially long filler vanilla flavored smokes approximately corona sized. As I do with all of my wifes flavoerd smokes I lite them for her and will take a few puffs. VERY NICE even considering it was a flavored smoke.

I would not mind buying their regular smokes!

Awesome, I am going to let them sit in my humidor for a bit before I spark one up, as they seem a little dry.

I just smoke a "O" the other day it it wasn't a back smoke really. So enjoy. :)

Lopaka said:
I just smoke a "O" the other day it it wasn't a back smoke really. So enjoy. :)
[snapback]213818[/snapback]​

The "O" is made by the Oliva Family. A completely different company. The XL for Men is made by Oliveros.

BTW, the "O" Bold is one of my favorite "everyday" smokes. I don't think I've ever had a bad one. My Mate even likes them.

Oliveros is a very well established company that makes some very fine cigars. They are known mostly for their long filler flavored smokes which my wife smokes. I have smoked them on occasion and they aren't bad. The XL line was created as an unflavored line and was supposed to compete with the growing trend of stronger fuller bodied cigars. I found them flavorful but dissapointing in the strength department. I smoke La Flor Double Ligs on a regular basis so the XL didn't do much for me. I wouldn't turn away from them but wouldn't purchase them again. You might enjoy them on the other hand and find them to be all they're hyped to be. It is all a matter of the palate and preferance.

Yes Oliveros is a legit cigar - I have had both the Maduro and the Cameroon - both are medium with good taste. The Maduro has the red band and the cameroon has the blue band. I have never had a problem with the construction or draw. Def. a good everyday cigar.