• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Just seasoned a box but no sticks to put in it...

ProStack

Hopefully you guys will be able to offer some good advice... here is my situation:

I recently got a humidor from cheaphumodprs.com and it is currently being seasoned with three boveda seasoning packs. I am going to keep them in there for 10 days, and had planned on immediately filling up the humi with sticks. Things have changed and I will not be able to put sticks in it until about 1 week after the ten days are up when I have to remove the packs. Will having a seasoned box with nothing in it mess up what the seasoning did? Should I just put my beads in there until the sticks come? Any input will be much appriciated.

Won't hurt a thing. Your humi will be seasoned with or without cigars in it.

Won't hurt a thing. Your humi will be seasoned with or without cigars in it.

Perfect.

Just to be clear though- I can leave it empty and once I get my sticks fill er up and put the beads in? I don't need to keep the tubes in while it is empty, do I?

It's always a good idea to keep your open air space to a minimum. I would suggest adding your beads after the seasoning period, just like you were going to fill it with cigars, but put something in there to take up the empty space.

I would use air pillows (packing material) or something of the sort so that the box can stay humid much easier (less air to humidify). Just an idea. If you have extra beads, you could also just double the quantity and call it good.

The solution seems obvious to me.....call Al and have him rush you a couple boxes of great smokes. No worries..... :laugh:

Regards - B.B.S.