• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Just smoked my first cigar since joining here.

Eryxis

It was a Padron 4000, which was very enjoyable and relaxing as I got away from the wife and mother-in-law for an hour or so and just got to be alone. I was a little frustrated as I was paying a lot of attention to the flavor of the cigar as I smoked, and unfortunately was unable to detect many specifics. The main thing I noticed was spiciness of some kind, a hint of coffee (I think), and of course good old tobacco flavor. Obviously, my palate doesn't have a lot to compare to (cigar-wise). Overall though very enjoyable. I will have to take part in the newbie sampler once my storage needs are taken care of.

Ery

Noob sampler trade is an awesome way to expand your tastes, it's what I did and trust me, none of the BOTL there will leave you unsatisfied!

I'm like you, and am still learning to detect the specific flavors, especially on hard-to-draw cigars; but we'll get there!

...I'm like you, and am still learning to detect the specific flavors, especially on hard-to-draw cigars; but we'll get there!

Or not. Not everyone gets these, as Devil Doc put it, "gustatory hallucinations" :D

...I'm like you, and am still learning to detect the specific flavors, especially on hard-to-draw cigars; but we'll get there!

Or not. Not everyone gets these, as Devil Doc put it, "gustatory hallucinations" :D

I've given up on consciously attempting to "taste" flavors while smoking. It takes too much of the enjoyment out of it for me.

Congratulations on your first cigar since joining!

Padron is a good way to start. Just like you said good old tobacco flavor is what the Padron x000 series are known for....

I would say just relax and enjoy your smoke. I have smoked cigars for about 20 years, and my most common flavor descriptors are tasty, or crap...go figure.

:D

To be serious though, I will add that I have tasted many flavors while smoking cigars, Anise, black cherry, black pepper, cedar, etc. These all have just revealed themselves to me with out any effort on my part.
I suppose if a person wanted to develop that ability he/she could.

edit to add

Congrats on your first cigar and welcome. Since I have been smoking I can honestly say I can barely discern between the different flavors but I do know when I enjoy a cigar. My best advise (from a Noob) is just enjoy cigars and figure out what you like the best.

Coffee, spice, and tabacco? I would say you nailed the flavors of the Padron X000 series perfectly. :thumbs:

out of curiosity... what is the supposed difference between the lower 2000 and 4000? I'm guessing the 4000 is just supposed to be higher quality? I was actually looking for a 2000, but the shop I was in had a 4 and so I just went with it.

Ery

out of curiosity... what is the supposed difference between the lower 2000 and 4000? I'm guessing the 4000 is just supposed to be higher quality? I was actually looking for a 2000, but the shop I was in had a 4 and so I just went with it.

Ery

no. its the size of the cigar. They are all made of the same blend & therefore, same quality.