• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Just some info about our friends @ STOCKUTOPIA

DaveWF

Official CP Entertainment
This message was also posted in another thread, but I thought more people would see it in this thread as well.....

HOLD THE FRIGGIN PHONE!!!
January 29th, you posted a message containing the following: "i am an honest business man trying to make a living.... I would have done the same thing you guys did if i saw someone trying to post like i did, therefore no hard feelings.... " Sounded nice - I thought I'd let it go. But when I logged on today, I had a new private message I thought I'd share with the rest of the board.....
<VENTING MODE ON>

Posted: Feb. 03 2002,04:03
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
fatty... get off the cigar case humor. it was a mistake... end it...it is getting old, like you bitch

Doesn't really seem like an honest business man, who'd do the same thing, with no hard feelings NOW DOES HE???
<VENTING MODE OFF>

Seriously, would you buy anything from someone who would send a potential customer a message like that? Would you want to walk into a business and be called a bitch??

The nerve of some people,
Dave :angry:

Not good, though he was taking a beating over an honest mistake, but that was the wrong way to respond. I had been seriously thinking about buying 20-25 of these, but when I asked for a sample so that I could actually see what I was going to be buying multiples of he said it would cost me more than what he was going to sell me the 20-25 for a piece. I realize he might have thought I was just trying to get one and run off with it, but for $7 you would have thought he might have tried to seal the deal a bit better. Oh well, more money for smokes..I have plenty of accessories to go around right now. :)

This fella doesn't know about picking a fight. Like when you attack one member of a board, you're bound to pi$$-off many. Hmmm how bout a trip to his site with a retired disc-o-tricks that's around here somewhere.... :lookup: :lookup: :lookup:

Now now,
I didn't think he was taking a beating but now It seems as though a little gift is in order.

Note to anyone else who would suffer the same fate.
DO not attack our members.
Becasue we care.

A little gift? Hey, I like that idea. Hey Stockutopia, email me for my snail mail address, I'll cheerfully accept a free case to console my battered feelings.

It would seem only fair, wouldn't it?

Dave

Alright, maybe I was a little swift with my first message. Look what was in my inbox today...

Posted: Feb. 06 2002,11:52
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i appreciate the hype you have been giving me... i sold 239 cases in the last 2 days... compared to 60 on the average... i guess any publicity is good publicity... send your address i have a case and a cutter for you.... once again---thank you---aaron

Guess I misjudged him. Sent my address as he requested. I'll even give everyone a little review of the case when it arrives!

Thanks Aaron!
Dave :D :thumbs: :D :thumbs:

Hey, maybe this is a new trend in cigar marketing: Insult Dave and see a 400% increase in sales! :D

Mike
www.Absolutecigars.com

You only get the increase in sales if you promise to send me one free!
Now about that moisture detector.....
LOL :D

Hmmmm..belittle the guy get a case....come to his defense and get nothing..... I like his style. ;)

Sorry it's taken me so long to post about this.  I actually received my free case last week.  
First of all, let me compliment Mike on his business practice.  He made an honest mistake, I called him on it, and he came through with a free case to please the customer.

Now let me describe the case.  It's similar to a tri-fold leather wallet that, when closed, measures 5.75 x 8 x 1.5".  When it's open, it's 14" wide.  When opened, there's a business card holder on the right flap with the Colibri logo beneath. The left flap is only 1.5" wide. It closes up with two magnet closures on both flaps.
The case will hold up to 4 not-too-huge cigars in two separate enclosures in the middle section.
The only problem I have with the case is that the enclosures only close via a fold-over flap actually leaving up to 2 inches of the side of each cigar exposed to the air.  Because of this, the case is not appropriate for long term storage.  However, if you just need a few stogies to take with you to the bar, golfing, or something that won't take too long then this case allows you to do it, and do it with style.

I took some pictures, and planned on including them with this review, but, once again, I can't find the cable for my digital camera.  If/when I do finally find the cable, I'll post the pictures for everyone to see.

So, once again, THANKS MIKE!
Dave  :thumbs: