• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

K. Hansotia cigars

Lemon

I got one of these in a recent trade and smoked it a couple nights ago. It turned out to be a wonderful cigar, with flavors of dark chocolate and coffee. For a cigar I had never heard of, it sure did give me an impression of high quality. So, I looked it up and it looks like my first impression of it wasn't that much off. Gurkha makes these, and with Connecticut shade wrapper you can't go wrong.

The cigar I smoked had dark brown wrapper. The band was black with golden text. Anyways, have any of you fellas had cigars from this line? I liked this one a lot, and I'd be interested to hear your opinions.

-John

which one was it i have tried the gurkha expedition and legend both good and the masada which i enjoyed.

Double D said:
which one was it i have tried the gurkha expedition and legend both good and the masada which i enjoyed.
[snapback]258371[/snapback]​

That's just it. I'm not sure which one it was. If you can find the model, I'd like to know. The band is very elegant. In golden letters on a black background it says K. Hansotia, beneath that "A century of tradition". Under that it says "X3 Triple Ligero". I've never had any of the Gurkha line, but this cigar got me interested.

-John

X3 Triple Ligero, that's the name of the cigar. I smoked one last week, reminds me a little lighter version of the Torano Virtuoso. Very tasty and flavorful. :thumbs:

Shadow said:
X3 Triple Ligero, that's the name of the cigar. I smoked one last week, reminds me a little lighter version of the Torano Virtuoso. Very tasty and flavorful. :thumbs:
[snapback]258380[/snapback]​

Ah :0 Thanks for the info :thumbs: Very tasty indeed.

Gurkhas I like, his name line I am not too fond of, and the Sherpas are great cheap smokes to pick up.

Lemon,
First of all, cool avatar!

Secondly, the X3 Triple Ligero is a delicious delight. I had one several months back and was, in every way, as ecstatic about it as you seem to be. You've nailed it right on the head with your accurate description of taste. It didn't seem to get any stronger as the ash approached my fingers, thats for sure.

I'm a self-proclaimed Hansotia nutjob and love his cigars.

I'm about to try the new G3 and will post a review of it in the coming weeks/ months.

Thanks for posting.... McFarlan and Spawn kick serious ass!

Darren :thumbs:

Here's a link to their home page:

Gurkha Cigars

My first experience with the Gurkha line was with a trade with AVB. It was not a pleasant experience. (Not the trade the cigar.) It did not do anything for me at all. I guess over time, my palate has changed. I smoked a few more and now I'm hooked. THANKS AVB, and my apologies for doubting you.

I recently had the "BEAST" If was great. The local shop here has the Royal Salutes which is 3x infused with Henry the VIII I believe. But at $35.00 per stick, it would have to be a special occasion for that smoke.

The Ancient warrior, which I’ve only had once, is great too. Unfortunately, it’s been a while ago and can’t give you good description of the flavor. Darn, I guess I’ll have to try that one again.

The Master Select is one of my favorite go to Gurkha. I also like the Symphony with my Sunday morning coffee and paper.

I’ll have to go back to the Sherpa and try that again too.

I have to look for the X3 as well.

I’ve had almost every main stream K. Hansotia cigar, and for the few I haven’t I have the humi (Thx AVB). Id have to agree there all good smokes for the price, it really surprises me how a fair amount of people have never herd of or have had a Gurkha cigar. My personal favoret for his lines are the symphony (a milder cigar) and the Gurkha Expedition (fuller bodied). To be really honest im a stickler about draw and of the boxes I’ve gone through I’ve really never had a Gurkha with a tough draw.

As the self-appointed Gurkha whore I'd say my favorite K. Hansotia is the Signature 101. Of the new batch that have been released the Doble Maduro and Triple X are both good. The Ancient Warrior is my road trip cigar, I can get 100+ miles out of the Churchill size. For a milder smoke it is hard to beat the Connecticut Reserve though.

Big100HD said:
I’ll have to go back to the Sherpa and try that again too.

[snapback]258469[/snapback]​

I have yet to meet a K. Hansotia that I didn't like. Although I have to say the Sherpa is my least fav.

I'll second the Signature 101, and add that you can pick them up cheap at Cbid. I just got a 10 pack for $30.

AVB said:
As the self-appointed Gurkha whore I'd say my favorite K. Hansotia is the Signature 101. Of the new batch that have been released the Doble Maduro and Triple X are both good. The Ancient Warrior is my road trip cigar, I can get 100+ miles out of the Churchill size. For a milder smoke it is hard to beat the Connecticut Reserve though.
[snapback]258479[/snapback]​

If I remember correctly, this is the one you gave me that I smoked at the herf. I have to agree. That was a great freakin' smoke! I can't wait to get ahold of another one. I have a whole bunch of Gurkhas in the humi that are on deck to try. Can't wait to get to them.

Gonz said:
I'll second the Signature 101, and add that you can pick them up cheap at Cbid. I just got a 10 pack for $30.
[snapback]258542[/snapback]​

You probably out bid me, I lost that one :angry2: :p

bchem said:
AVB said:

If I remember correctly, this is the one you gave me that I smoked at the herf. I have to agree. That was a great freakin' smoke! I can't wait to get ahold of another one. I have a whole bunch of Gurkhas in the humi that are on deck to try. Can't wait to get to them.
[snapback]258558[/snapback]​

Yep, that is the same one. I like 'em!

You should have put the "CP" in the comments :sign:

j/k

edited to add: I may have outbid you, but I also paid more, so I'm not sure I came out ahead!

AVB said:
As the self-appointed Gurkha whore

Hahahaha... AVB, I was going to post that but didn't think it would come off all that well. Sounds funnier coming from you than from me! :)

Did you notice that most of the newer Gurkha lines are all canons!! I mean, this guy does everything big from the packaging (the most elaborate I've seen ever!) to the size of his cigars. My buddy Ted can't stand smoking them anymore because they take forever to get through; he calls all of Hansotia's latest master releases "howitzers".

I'm not wont to disagree with him!

Also, AVB, notice how more of Hansotia's cigars smell like "thin mints"? If you haven't checked it out, try it some time. You'll be amazed at that scent... its inescapable :p

From one K Hansotia "whore" to another (hmmmm, dubious meanings abound!),
Darren

a famous guitarist who posts here gifted me a few gurhka/hansotia cigars awhile ago.

after smoking a couple of them, i'd have to say that the Symphony Churchill was my fav. so far.

very tasty. :)

[s.s.hint] sombody is getting one... [/s.s.hint]

PTownshend said:
Lemon,
First of all, cool avatar!

Secondly, the X3 Triple Ligero is a delicious delight. I had one several months back and was, in every way, as ecstatic about it as you seem to be. You've nailed it right on the head with your accurate description of taste. It didn't seem to get any stronger as the ash approached my fingers, thats for sure.

I'm a self-proclaimed Hansotia nutjob and love his cigars.

I'm about to try the new G3 and will post a review of it in the coming weeks/ months.

Thanks for posting.... McFarlan and Spawn kick serious ass!

Darren :thumbs:
[snapback]258465[/snapback]​

Yup, Spawn and McFarlane kick serious ass! :D :thumbs:

Thanks for the great replies. Before I smoked this one, the only Gurkha I had heard mentioned several times was the Gurkha Pre-Embargo line (is it a line anyways, or just a bunch of rare cigars?). But it looks like I should acquire some more of these some day.