• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Kahlua Rubusto

Josh

Chronically Misinformed
My curiousity finally got the better of me on this one, so as I snagged one while I was in town. As I punched it and got it lit, I tasted the unnecessary sugar flavor bestowed upon the wrapper. I assumed it was a sign of things to come.

During first few initial puffs the Kahlua flavor was almost too much to handle. It tickled the back of my throat in an unpleasant way, but it was a much more soothing taste than I expected. The taste soon regulated, and it tasted of vanilla-y sweet tea, which wasn't actually that bad. The added flavors slowly died down as I smoked it down, but having made up my mind about the cigar already, I used the rest of the cigar to practice blowing rings instead of savoring it. I found I enjoyed the cigar much more when I stopped paying attention to it. :) I guess that's a bad sign.

All in all, the taste wasn't bad, and the aroma was actually quite soothing. The draw was excellent, and the construction wasn't too shabby either. But for the rediculously high price, they can get their business from someone else.

So if you want a cigar that tastes like smoking tea leaves, or want the most perfect cigar ever produced for blowing rings, snag one. On those pretenses, I can safely assure you that you won't reget it!

What I've noticed is that with the more smoking that I've done with medium to strong cigars, the less I like flavored cigars. It's hard to enjoy a Kahlua or something like that after you've been on a steady diet of Punch, Don Tomas, or other respectable brands. My wife bought me a strawberry cigar produced by the cheap folks at Swishers--it was like smoking a lit cotton candy bundle or something. I actually missed the rich tobacco smell and taste. This kind of stuff makes for good novelty items I guess.

Heh, it's not girly per se, it's just not that good.

Sounds like one well thought out marketing strategy. If they cut the strength of the additional flavoring they add in half, and stopped adding sugar to the wrapper, I could see them being far more popular.

Some guy was smoking one of these at my club last night. The aroma was just plain nasty. I was almost feeling sorry for him as I savored my '98 Punch RS12 :D

Looking through the new Thompsons magazine. How in the world is a box of Kahluas more expensive than a box of CAO Golds or other respectable brands?? The price range is around $79.00. What in the world gives??? Dumb questin perhaps, but humor me here.

Kahlua are bad, but I never said they were cheap. My stick cost me a little shy of $5 at the local shop.

Don't buy that crap! :D If people keep buying them then they'll make some other damn flavor just shy of dog turd!!!! :D