• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Kasteel Donker

Smokin'Sims

Gettin' my nerd on, Hopp Schwiez!
So this is my first review so we'll see how it goes. I'll be using the same format as Smelly's review because it is nice.

I picked this beer up at Buster's in Memphis because I like trying new beers.

IMG_2756trim.jpg

Style – Dubbel
ABV - 11%
Brewed In – Ingelmunster, Belgium
Availability – Brewed Year Round

Appearance.
IMG_2759trim.jpg

This poured a nice dark amber. Head retention wasn't great, but could also be the pourer.

Smell
The major smell I noticed was a sugary caramel smell. Little to no floral aroma from hops. Smelled nice.

Taste
The initial taste is of malty goodness. This leaves a bit of an aftertaste, but not an undesirable one, except for people who don't like beer much, like my wife.

Feel.
This has a smooth mouth feel.

Opinion.
I haven't had many of these styles and so it is hard to come to a final conclusion as to how it compares to other beers. It went very well with the slight sweetness in the pork chops I was eating at the time. To me this would be a beer to enjoy with or after a meal as I think the full flavor would compliment food nicely. I was also pleased to taste something so malty as my home brews tend to be maltier than most mass produced beers.

Nice review .. I am gonna have to try this one!