• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

KBR, anyone ever work with them

enerjay

Times are really not looking any better for the JOB market. My old boss just took a job with KBR so I am looking for a little inside info.

Thanks Jay

Jay,
I an not sure about every where else, but they are taking a big cut in workers here. They are firing people for petty stuff here because of the draw down. Not wearing the KBR hat or other KBR identification. Pretty sure things are moving towards Afgan.

When I retire looking more towards the other companies. Dyna Corp and a couple others.

I worked stateside with them for 6 years out of high school...

Well for Brown & Root any way the parent Company(IIRC).
Made a ton of $$$ and had no benifits....but that is they way it was back then.

I would never go back to that line of work again, just not for me anymore.....

Tim

Thats the word I was given as well. My old boss is looking into taking a JOB with them, he is x-marine.

He called me about getting a job with KBR.

I hate to work out side the states after having the last move to St Louis, But hell I need to eat.

Received my travel papers to Houston TX today. Looks like KBR for one year contract. Not sure were they are going to place me, I do know I will be doing base maintenance.

So will I qualify for cigars for the troops?? ;)

I'm still waiting to hear back from them and/or DynCorp. I hate this waiting and not knowing business.

I'm still waiting to hear back from them and/or DynCorp. I hate this waiting and not knowing business.
Might want to look into SAIC if you want work that involves your head a little more than your back (not too mention, tons more cash). Plus KBR treats their employees like garbage, and they aren't really known for quality work. Everyone I talked to with KBR pretty much treated the job the same way most customer service reps do. And they get paid almost the same. On another related note, back when it was just B&R, it was mad money. I almost got out to work with them. But that was another life, a single life.

Might want to look into SAIC if you want work that involves your head a little more than your back (not too mention, tons more cash). Plus KBR treats their employees like garbage, and they aren't really known for quality work. Everyone I talked to with KBR pretty much treated the job the same way most customer service reps do. And they get paid almost the same. On another related note, back when it was just B&R, it was mad money. I almost got out to work with them. But that was another life, a single life.
Is this the company your talking about?

When I was in Iraq back in '06 I worked with some KBR guys and had no problems. They were treated right by KBR.