• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

KC MO

I think there would be some interst based on the earlier thread here. Since you are there maybe approximate a date and a place.

saw that thread there was too much intrest in denver. Screw Denver, just was hoping I could put one together for some missouri folks

Let's talk date and I'm sure we'll get some interest. We'll SHOW 'em!

KC draws people from all over the midwest.

Never saw this thread, as it was before I joined CP. But I'll go ahead and throw this out there:

I've been covertly feeling for interest in this myself. Originally my idea was just to see about having a small dinner & herf at the Pendergast Club which is a private member only cigar lounge/bar above the majestic steakhouse in downtown. They do parties & events.

Basicly the only commitment would be that anyone that attends, purchases their dinner. They do have a small humidor (walk in but very small) with out much of a selection that is kinda on the high side price wise. But I have talked with them and they have no problems with attendees bringing there own smokes to enjoy.

The dinner would hover around the $35-50+ range each, not including drinks. The cigar club is private, above the rest of the restaurant. It has a full service bar, Lounge poker table/game room area, and private dinning room. They will only serve parties of 6 or more and I thought this would have been plenty but not real sure these days. Most of the KC guys I have talked with have shown interest in it. I will call and find out the max number of people the club can accomodate.

I thought it would be a good non-commercial setting with no pressure, good food and a good time. Let me know what you guys think. I was thinking late summer early fall time frame.

Let me know your thoughts!

Thats quite a task to set forth with. I know myself and the Gurkha will be gone all sumemr but there are plenty of kc guys willing to do this im sure.

I would say lets do it towards the end of the summer(bc ill be gone) but im up for whatever.

Yea early fall would probably be the best time frame, I am thinking. So there is atleast two more people showing interest! :thumbs:

You and I had discussed it Derek -- just making it clear -- I think it is a great idea and whenever should be fine for me.

Bump. Derek...did you find out anymore details about the dinner, costs, etc? Any details set in stone we can make note of? What you were explaining to me at the Outlaw a couple weeks ago sounded great!

I would be down for this even though it's a little more expensive than just going out to a regular dinner. I think it would be worth it for a once in awhile thing to have a great dinner, play some poker and smoke some cigars...all at a fine establishment!

Honestly I have not Jeff. Infact tonight is the first time I have been able to actually do any reading on here with the little guy around now! I go back to work on Tuesday and I will be making a call in to my contact to find out some more details. As of right now I have this pencil'd in for 9/2/2006, the first saturday of sept. As soon as I have everything pretty much set up I will make a new thread. I apologize for the delay! Things have been pretty hectic around here the past couple of weeks!

Honestly I have not Jeff. Infact tonight is the first time I have been able to actually do any reading on here with the little guy around now! I go back to work on Tuesday and I will be making a call in to my contact to find out some more details. As of right now I have this pencil'd in for 9/2/2006, the first saturday of sept. As soon as I have everything pretty much set up I will make a new thread. I apologize for the delay! Things have been pretty hectic around here the past couple of weeks!

Don't feel bad at all Derek. You have a lot on your plate right now. Handle that first, and take care of us in your spare time. Hope the family is flourishing and you're having a great time with it.