• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Kentucky Derby

wasy

Just had a quick look at the past performances and it must be known that I never bet the favorites I Want Revenge is looking real good. Some longer shots I also like are Chocolate Candy, Hold Me Back and Musket Man.

Who else here is a degenerate gambler cigar smoker horse racing fan?

You are the second person that I know who is touting I Want Revenge for the Derby. The Kentucky Derby is a classic event. I will have some bucks on the race and on the other top notch races held at Churchill that day. I have not, however, made my picks yet.

Good luck on your wagers!!!

We have a big party at the house each year ( about 35 or so) - always a lot of betting and lots of fun. My buddy is all over Dunkirk, although he will be a favorite. I will also be betting the OAKS the day before. If anyone has any opinion on that race - post away.

I have been keeping my eye on General Quarters, I usually wait to the post position draws to take a serious look though. He is definitely the story of the race and I like the way he closed in the Bluegrass to take the win. But the PP draw can change everything.....

This year we have elected to hang in the paddock/infield after usually sitting in the grandstand for many years. Anyone have a nice searsucker suit and a pimp hat I can borrow?

We have a big party at the house each year ( about 35 or so) - always a lot of betting and lots of fun. My buddy is all over Dunkirk, although he will be a favorite. I will also be betting the OAKS the day before. If anyone has any opinion on that race - post away.

In the Oaks it is going to be hard to beat Rachel Alexander.. but I usually bet on good prices, so I will probably be going with Gabby's Golden Gal or Flying Spur.

Anyone have a nice searsucker suit and a pimp hat I can borrow?

And now you know why I bought a seersucker suit! Enjoy your day, try to stay away from the hoodlums, stay out of the infamous infield mud, take pictures of the flashing girls and, most of all, bet a winner.

I agree that Rachel Alexander is a tough one to bet against in the Oaks.

I have not dug into the Derby program yet, that will happen Friday, but I am definately a "degenerate gambler cigar smoker horse racing fan." I was actually hoping Take the Points would get in, have some ties to that horse, but amazingly the powers that be decided not to run it.

General Quarters, Pioneer of the Nile, Chocolate Candy, Hold Me back

$5 Exacta Box!

I am in this group of degenerates and my pick will probably be Dunkirk.
He is bred for gr.1 races and classic distances but may be too lightly raced this early.
No unraced 2yr. old has won the derby yet. He will be fresh but still a little green.

Guilty! I'll definitely be throwing a few dollars on the race.

I like Friesan Fire. He had a good showing in sloppy conditions at the Louisiana Derby, winning by over 7 lengths.

Went a little crazy with the betting today.
Good Luck to everyone!
$30 to win on Musket Man
$20 to win on Hold Me Back
$2 box eacta with Musketman, Hold Me Back and Chocolate Candy
$2 box exacta with Hold Me Back Chocolate Candy and General Quarters

Mine That Bird wins coming out of the 8 hole...50-1...geez!

That move Borel made to get clear from the front runners down the stretch was something to see.

There were a lot of donations made today.....me included :laugh:

The Bird is the Word!

Imagine that drunk bastard plopping down $100 on that horse :laugh:

Well, my daughter isn't speaking to me.....for the last 7-8 years I always put an across the board bet on her favorite numbered horse in the Derby. Yep, that number is 8 and this year I didn't make the bet for her.......

Other than that I had a good day at the track and the rain held off...even left early to head to a friend's party.