• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Key West Cigars - Conch Republic

ivan37

Monkey Man
My girlfriend's parents just got back from a trip to Key West and brought me back a variety of 6 "Conch Republic" cigars for Christmas. Their price list seems a little on the spendy side so I'm hoping they aren't dog rockets, but I can't seem to find any reviews anywhere. Searching on here there were a couple mentions of the brand in passing, but nothing really mentioned if they were good or not.

Have any of you guys down in FL smoked this brand? Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Not me Ivan but the man to ask is Brother Emo, he's the one who lives in paradise when he's not out to sea..... :) :thumbs: :)

stogieman said:
Not me Ivan but the man to ask is Brother Emo, he's the one who lives in paradise when he's not out to sea..... :) :thumbs: :)
I've heard of these before but I can't remember where or what I heard about them......did you try a search?

I was in Key West last Tuesday as one of our port of calls on a cruise. This was one of the shops I happened to buy a few cigars from. As I understand it, all of the cigars use a Dominican base and blended with different varieties of aged Honduran. Natural wrapper leaf is Ecuadorian Connecticut, and the Maduro wrapper is Honduran. I smoked a natural torpedo a few days ago and it was a decent smoke. It was a smooth cigar, somewhat non descript as it didn't do anything for me one way or the other. I wouldn't quite put it in the yard cigar category but it was close. I'm looking forward to smoking the Toro as they tout it as being strong, stout and bullish.

I picked up 4 of the toro's, torpedo's, and King Conch in both natural and maduro. Will prob let them rest for a few months before smoking another one. My initial take on this cigar after smoking only one is that it is a decent cigar but over priced. I think I paid around $8.50 for the torpedo I smoked. Again, not that it was bad (the torpedo), nice and smooth for an afternoon cigar but should be priced in the $4 range.

I'll post again when I try the King Conch (diademas) as its suppose to be the most flavorable. At $11.75 each my expectations are low that it will live up to the price range but we'll see.

Reason being these cigars are so much is due to the high overhead in Key West. Not only is the guy importing a lot of his tobacco, but he has the high price of storage and the lease on his store.
I have found the naturals to be pretty much like Kenny described. The maduro's are a little more flavorable though. Everytime I go into the shop I buy a cigar to smoke. They are decent in the morning with some coffee. Plus watching the roller is fun too.

Emo