• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Kind of a cigar review...

jgohlke

My other hobby
I thought I would post this here (rather than the review forum), because although it's about a great cigar I recently smoked, it's also about my disappointment in my own attempts at tracking and organization.

Last weekend, I had a few chores to do (clean the pool, straighten up the shop) that require some time, but are laid back enough to enjoy a cigar. I was feeling a little froggy, so I looked through my stash of singles...One caught my eye. It was a big cigar (6 inches by 50 ring guage, I'd guess), dark brown....firm, nicely rolled...had a little age on it (I've seen it in my humi for a while). I pulled it out, gave it the sniff test...Yummy. I took it outside, clipped it, torched it, took a few puffs and started working on setting up the pool vacuum. About 1/2 way through the pool cleaning, I thought to myself, this cigar is really good!

I took it out of my mouth and gave it the once over. Really nice....Then it hit me. I have no friggin idea what kind it is, where I got or anything about it. It was an unbanded cigar, in a single baggie I found in my singles box of my humi. It's been there for a while.

That's all I know about it, other than it was good.

I got it somewhere, bagged it and tossed it in the box. I took good care of it, but didn't keep any history on it.

To make matters worse, I've kind of had a string of unexciting to downright poor smokes lately (all of which were banded and easily replaced if I had liked them) and the first one in a while that I really liked is a mystery and unreplaceable.

Figures.

Congratulations, you just did the Special Olympics version of a blind taste test!

Congratulations, you just did the Special Olympics version of a blind taste test!

:laugh: :sign:

It happens. I learned to Label every package I get. With who sent it, when sent, and what was in it.

DG

I think the Special Olympics version would be where I stuck the lit end in my eye.... :laugh: