• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Kinky Friedman Cigars

billytpage

A while back there was some talk of this new line. Has anybody actually smoked them? He is quite a character and I am curious if his cigars reflect his personality. According to the infallible :sign: internet, they are all Honduran with Habano wrappers. So, how are they?

Thanks,

Billy

No kidding?

So what should one do when they search and don't find the information they are seeking?......................I Know!! They post a new thread! :sign:

Search revealed a few "hey check out what is new" threads, none of which actually contained a member review of the cigars. Maybe your search prowess is more developed than mine, so how about helping out a brother :D .

Billy

In my best grateful1 voice.

search is your friend!

:sign:

DG

I've got one that's been resting for a while, so it's about time to fire it up. I just got eye surgery, though, so it'll be a few days at least. :)

I got a couple samples sent to us by Kinky. Will try it and get back to you all

I smoked cigar called the "texas jew Boy".

I wasn't into it. It was spicy, but left a bad taste in my mouth after blowing the smoke out. I don't think I even got to the band before putting it out.

Age might help it, but I don't think I'd bother trying anymore.

Ill hook you up with some info. Kinky is a friend of mine and my boys who run our shop. We carry his full line and are guaranteed by him to always be able to get some. We also have plenty of signed boxes.

He carries as of now 5 different cigars.

The Willie (Named after Willie Nelson) - my personal favorite w/ a shaggy end, a Corona Larga 6 x 48
The Governor (Since he ran for Gov. of TX) - Toro Gordo - 5 3/4 in. x 60 ring gauge
Kinkycristo (Mocking Montecristo)- Torpedo - 61/4 in. x 54 ring gauge
Texas Jewboy (Name of his band) - Torpedo - 6 in. x 56 ring gauge
Utopian (All profits go to support his pet saving ranch) - Toro - 6 in. x 52 ring gauge

The only two worth any time are the utopian, willie, and texas jewboy...I didn't care for the kinkycristo much.

They are suprisingly good (especially the willie)

I've actually smoked all but the Willie. There's WEED in that one! :0 I was going to wait until this weekend to post reviews of all vitolas but here is a glimpse:
Kinkycristo - a better than good attempt to recreate a Monte No.2 with good construction and solid flavor throughout. Close to the profile of the #2 and complexity just not the depth of a #2 - full disclosure I have 6 os so in the Tower of Power

Texas Jewboy - Can't wait to get this out on the golfcourse, a bit rougher than the Kinkycristo but I like that! :blush: This one makes you want to be bad, could have been named the Trouble Maker.

The Utopia - is a decent cigar. nothing too strong but well constructed, nice burn, and smooth flavors of tea and sunshine.

More to come after I finish the series -

edited for punctuation

Ill hook you up with some info. Kinky is a friend of mine and my boys who run our shop. We carry his full line and are guaranteed by him to always be able to get some. We also have plenty of signed boxes.

He carries as of now 5 different cigars.

The Willie (Named after Willie Nelson) - my personal favorite w/ a shaggy end, a Corona Larga 6 x 48
The Governor (Since he ran for Gov. of TX) - Toro Gordo - 5 3/4 in. x 60 ring gauge
Kinkycristo (Mocking Montecristo)- Torpedo - 61/4 in. x 54 ring gauge
Texas Jewboy (Name of his band) - Torpedo - 6 in. x 56 ring gauge
Utopian (All profits go to support his pet saving ranch) - Toro - 6 in. x 52 ring gauge

The only two worth any time are the utopian, willie, and texas jewboy...I didn't care for the kinkycristo much.

They are suprisingly good (especially the willie)

Jake,

The day after we spoke, I received the samples from Kinky. I'll try the Kinkycristo first and get back to you. Let me know when you get my sticks.

Israel

Kinky is...entertainment. :thumbs:

If i ever see these around i'm gonna give em a go.

I've heard talk of these on a few forums now. I need to find them somewhere and give em a try!

Thanks for the info