• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Kristoff Cigars

GarlicBreath

Living in a van down by the river
So yesterday I was able to carve out 45 minutes of alone time before heading back home and stopped by my local shop. An old friend of mine was there who I haven't seen in 5 years. Said hello real quick and ran in the humidor grabbed an Illusione Mk. Had to get burning asap.

Went back and yucked it up. Turns out my friend is now in the industry and reps Kristoff and he had Glen with him. Got introduced and what a super nice guy he is.

Great conversation with Glen, John the rep and Mike the owner of the shop.

I can't wait to try my first Kristoff.

How is John doing? Kope you enjoy the Kristoff as much as Glen is a great guy...

I see Kristoffs all the time. Very nice presentation, expensive price tag. Curious if it is worth the asking price.

These never did anything for me, but that was several years ago. I hope you enjoy it. 

JHolmes763 said:
These never did anything for me, but that was several years ago. I hope you enjoy it. 
Same. The original Criollo Natural and Maduro are good sellers, but personally I like the Corojo or Sumatra if any. Heard good things about the GC though.

I like the Sumatra and the Kristiana, which tastes as much like a Cuban as any non-Cuban I've smoked.

~Boar

I have enjoyed the ones I have smoked.  The Sumatra was probably my favorite of the line.

Would love to help justify the price I still haven't been able to do it.  But I will say it is a nicely made cigar.

What the hell are they charging for these elsewhere that y'all keep talking about the price?  They've been mostly $7-9 dollar sticks locally that I've smoked from them, I think.  ???

~Boar

Not A Nice Person said:
What the hell are they charging for these elsewhere that y'all keep talking about the price?  They've been mostly $7-9 dollar sticks locally that I've smoked from them, I think.  ???

~Boar
I was thinking the same thing. I've had the maduro many times in the $8 range.

I had a couple a while back that I very much enjoyed.  I'm not 100% certain but I think they were Ligero Criollo.

You need to post more brownpeter.  I don't know why I enjoy your posts do much, but I somehow knew that post was yours before I looked at your username.

Not A Nice Person said:

~Boar
I've never even paid more than $10 for a Kristoff in the B&M...

Very reasonably priced and are 7-8 by the box...

FWIW, I love the GC

Not A Nice Person said:
I like the Sumatra and the Kristiana, which tastes as much like a Cuban as any non-Cuban I've smoked.

~Boar
Dang, that's good to know. Thanks for your take on these. I do love Sumatra leaf as well. Think I'll get a couple of fivers.

I have yet to smoke a Kristoff that I did not love. Like others, I have never paid more than nine bucks at my local shop.

I received two Kristoff Ligero Maduro's in a sampler.  I enjoyed them so well I bought a box at about 8 bucks a stick.  I am a relative beginner to premium cigars but have smoked quite a few and found the Maduro's to be excellent.  Smooth draw and an even burn throughout.  The box is aging in the humidor now and I am trying to hold off for a month to let them adjust (it's dry here in winter and my humidors have a hard time keeping up).  I did smoke two and the first was perfect as were the two sample cigars, however the second had a hard draw and the wrapper split at the halfway point.  What a disappointment.  I hope that one was the exception.