• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Kristoff Criollo Robusto

razormike

This will be my first ever review, so I probably won't do it right. Sorry that I don't have any pics. My camera is only used for bikes, babes and bad a** cars.

Yesterday I purchased a Kristoff Criollo Robusto at The Wharf, in Beavercreek, OH. They run around $9 per stick. The country of origin is the Dominican Republic. I was totally out of smokes, so decided to light one up last night while watching the truck race. My drink of choice for the evening was Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi. The wrapper had a few veins and seemed rather loose. Not tight when I compare it to a Torano. This could just be because of the criollo wrapper, I am not that familiar with them. The wrapper covers the foot, making lighting a little more difficult. One piece of wrapper ember did come off during the lighting process, causing me to do the la-z-boy dance to make sure I didn't go up in flames. I am not sure I liked the pigtail at the cap either. I bit it off in Hannibal Smith style, as I have seen several people recommend that. The draw wasn't perfect but was smokable. Getting down to the actual smoking, the first few puffs were on the bitter side, but this soon rectified into an earthy flavor. The second third of the cigar mellowed out nicely into a more mild smoke, that mixed very well with the cherry flavor of the Pepsi. The final third went back to earthiness. The burn was even throughout, but the wrapper on one part of the cigar required a bit of a touch up. Honestly I expected a bit more. I enjoyed it for the most part, but for me and what I enjoy, the construction of the cigar didn't work well. I will revisit this down the road and see if anything has changed, but for right now its a 6/10.

Thanks for reading, I hope I passed the first review test.