• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Kristoff Ligero Maduro

GDeAngelo

Kristoff Ligero Maduro
Wrapper: Brazilian Maduro
Binder: Cuban Seed Dominican
Filler: Cuban Seed Dominican and Cuban Seed Nicaraguan

So, tonight the girlfriend and I decided to stop by the local B&M. I'll start by saying I was on an empty stomach and a busy day's work.

We stopped in about an hour and a half before closing. We spent some time browsing the walk-in. As most of you know, I'm quite partial to CAO. I decided to go off of pure recommendation. After snagging CAO Cameroon for her. I browsed around and wanted to try a brand I haven't before. I love a deep Maduro and some Ligeros. I ended up asking for a solid recommendation, I've been stubborn for to long now. I told with confidence to try the Kristoff Ligero Maduro.

It was offered in a Churchill and a Robusto. Both had a nipple on the cap. Both had shaggy feet. I'm partial to the Robusto and that's what I grabbed. It was 5.5'' with a 52 gauge. It cost $8.00. At this price it wasn't a budget smoke but then again it didn't break the bank. We sat down and talked about our day. I let her talk away. After saving an elderly lady's life at work, she most certainly earned it. Not to mention, I wanted to hear it again. I'll mention the story shortly. She's on her 3rd week at a local high class retirement home. She was in the elevator with the lady and the lady's daughter. She had an diabetic seizure. She then went motionless. Both her and the daughter were freaking out. The daughter had her epi pen and gave it my gf, not knowing what to do. Caitlin, never have been put in this situation, acted. The elderly lady came to and was fine. She's had a rough time with the other CNAs. She now has some bragging rights at work. That will show her rude co-workers. :cool:

Anyways, back to the Kristoff.

The wrapper was smooth with only one main vein. I could pick up a sweet scent. It was deep but couldn't put my finger on it. I couldn't wait. Snipping the the cap and twisting off the excess foot, I went for a pre-draw. A firm yet even draw. I pin pointed the scent when I tasted a deep molasses. Firing up the foot, it crackled and smoke curled. A deep aroma of deep chocolate filled my nostrils. It took about 4 quick puffs to get some smoke. It was cool and sharp. I instantly tasted the Ligero leaf. The smoke was thick and lingered for a while. After letting it sit for about a minute, i started in. The first 1/3rd was a full bodied cigar. I tasted a deep coco almost coffee. It was a little bitter, and had a great wait. It gave a little tingle even a slight burn when rolling it through the nose. The ash was consistent and layer after layer, it wasn't budging. The 2/3 is when I fell in love. A deep chocolate with a slight coco was what I was picking up. I finally ashed for the first time. It rolled off as one solid piece. It was at this point the smoke was it's smoothest. Now this cigar took some time. With closing time near, I was a little rushed. I was down to the last third. I ashed a second time. Now there was a bit more bite then before. I'll say, i didn't have the time to let it cool like I liked. I was selfish and brought it outside with me while leaving. While the girl was heating up the car I was checking some voice mails, I took a few last draws. I ended up letting it burn out with about an 1 1/2'' left.

Recap- medium to full body
flavor - deep chocolate slight toasted coffee. Past reviews have mentioned a deep cherry, I didn't pick up on this. Not to say I won't next time.
burn - consistent, required no touch ups.
I'd certainly buy again. I'd love to smoke another stick at my pase.

I hope you enjoy, I sure did.

-Gianni-

Nice review! These are becoming one of my favorite sticks. If I think about while smoking one I can 'taste' the black cherry, but don't think I ever would have picked it out on my own.

Nice review, I picked up one of these the other day & can't wait to try it.

I must say, this is going to be a fantastic smoke. Every one I have had seems way too young still. Even still, it tastes good now, but will be great in the future. My .02

I definitely recommend these cigars. :thumbs: