• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

La Aurora Preferido (Emerald)

Azoetia

Last week my local B&M received one box of the Emeralds. He has not opened it up for singles yet (and he may not). I've read the description on the Emerald but has anyone tried one yet? It's likely to be a hefty price for a single, but the few other tubos I've had were great smokes (I'm partial to the Ruby and Sapphire).

Last week my local B&M received one box of the Emeralds. He has not opened it up for singles yet (and he may not). I've read the description on the Emerald but has anyone tried one yet? It's likely to be a hefty price for a single, but the few other tubos I've had were great smokes (I'm partial to the Ruby and Sapphire).
My girlfriend just gave me one Monday. I have a big event this weekend that I'm looking forward too and I'm going to smoke it there. I'll let you know how it is.

Sounds good, thanks. Enjoy!

By the way, nice handle. Those Cabaiguans, when you can find them, are real nice smokes.

This is the first I've heard of the "Emerald!" What is the wrapper? Candela? ;)

The Emerald has a sun-grown Ecuadorian wrapper, Dominican binder and long-leaf combination of Nicaraguan, Brazilian and Dominican tobaccos.

Excellent cigar, this and the sapphire/connecticut are my favorite in the Preferido line, price is of course too expensive, can't wait until they release somewhat cheaper non-tubed version.

Excellent cigar, this and the sapphire/connecticut are my favorite in the Preferido line, price is of course too expensive, can't wait until they release somewhat cheaper non-tubed version.

Did those Emerald preferidos just ship recently? I've been having the devil of a time trying to find them here in and around Buffalo, NY. I too love the sapphire and would love to give this emerald beauty a smoke.

Darren

Did those Emerald preferidos just ship recently? I've been having the devil of a time trying to find them here in and around Buffalo, NY. I too love the sapphire and would love to give this emerald beauty a smoke.

Darren

well they were just introduced at the 06 rtda so there fairly new. Plus a lot of places don’t carry aurora preferdo’s since there hard to move due to the price.

Darren,

Based on my limited understanding, B&Ms who placed their orders for them at the RTDA this summer are starting to have their shipments roll in. My guy was told he'd have them in November but he got one box about ten days ago. One other shop that I know of also got in a box or two (and none have been broken open yet). I suspect that more orders should start trickling in over the next fe weeks. I think CI has them as well now but I haven't searched the web yet.

David

I've been very curious about all of the Preferido line. I've heard alot of good things about them, but the price is a big turn off for me.