• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

La Aurora Preferidos 1903 Platinum Maduro

Lumberg

Opus Lover
Yep I have always wanted to try these so I boke one out today. I got the plat at the regular price so I was happy.

Right from the get-go this cigar was STRONG. One end is cut and I lit the uncu end. Kind of like a Hemingway but with no opening whatsoever. It took a good amount of puffing. I would recommend clipping the closed end before smoking.

Like I said right off the bat rather strong, no real distinct flavor except the sweetness from the maduro wrapper.

As the cherry got to thicker and thicker parts of the cigar (it's a perfecto shape) the taste started to solidify. Definite roasty chocolate flavors and even that of burning aromatic woods like cedar.

Another thing I will say is that the smell of the smoke is probably the most pleasant I haev ever smelled. Again like a wood fire of cedar and other aromatic woods as well as peat.

As the cherry made it past the bulge and to the thinner part of the cigar the taste became very very strong. Got that spicy harsh flavor cigars get towards the end. Your mouth starts to burn. But you keep smokign it co you're a masochist :)

BUrn was exceptionally even and strong. Can let it sit for several minutes and doesn't go out.

Ash never got that long but a perfect shape is not conducive to long ashes.

contruction is excellent, I head that the cigars are machine tested for draw so the draw was perfect once I burned through the tip.

Overall, not worth the price tag (most places you're going to pay 12 for the non-tubed and $17 for the "platinum" or cool tubed variety.

JC

Excellent review, Lumberg. This sounds like a ceegar that I'd like.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but you lit the uncut head and smoked from the foot?

Maybe I'm just not seeing it.

Shuji said:
Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but you lit the uncut head and smoked from the foot?

Maybe I'm just not seeing it.
Let me think about this for a second.

I assumed that the uncut part was the foot. Hmm....perhaps I shoudl try another one the other way around.

Hold on a second

yep just checked and yes I smoked it backwards Shuji (based on the orientation of the text on the band). Good catch.

I guess I'll have to try another on the RIGHT way.

I smoked one while in Disney Watching the fireworks above epcot. Great smoke. Expensive but good. I did not find it as strong as you described. Talk about a pretty ash on this smoke.