• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

La Aurora Robusto

Guitar_Gatler

The Dude
First of all, I just have to thank TugBoat for including this cigar in the package he sent me not too long ago.

Cigar: La Aurora Robusto
Size: 5x50

Before I lit this thing up I already had my mind set against it(I'm usually not a big fan of the mild to medium strength cigars), but after lighting I definitely have a different perspective on things.

This was an ok cigar, and that's about all I can say about that. Before cutting I noticed there was a quite a bit of flaking on the wrapper where it was starting to peel off. The cap came completely off before I even got to start cutting it. The draw was a little firm but still very acceptable.

The prelight draw produced very light and cedary flavors. Little did I know that the only flavor this thing would really have was it's one dimensional cedar tones. After I lit this thing it started producing huge amounts of smoke. It was definitely an enjoyable cigar just to watch all the smoke whisp up and away into the breeze.

This thing really didn't have any distinguishable changes in it's flavor profile(well..that I could taste anyway..I'm still pretty new at this)...it all just kind of melded together. I've never really been that fond of mild-medium smokes but this one was a little better than I had originally expected. The strongest flavor I got out of this thing was it's woody, cedar notes. There were a few hints of leather every now and then but other than that...it was kind of boring.

There were few times where any harshness showed up and that was mostly due to the fact that I was probably smoking this one a little fast at times. I did like the cedary wood flavors this thing produced and would love to see more of it...just in a stronger cigar with a bit sweeter of a flavor profile. I'd have to try a couple more of these before I really decided either way on whether or not I like them or not.

Thanks again TugBoat! I love trying out new sticks.