• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

La Famosa Toro

AdvAutoBob

No catchy member title yet...
Ian can provied the specifics as to the construction, but I'll do my best.

Wrapper - natural
Size - 50 x 6

I got two of these stogies thrown in with my order from Ian, one natural, one maduro. Construction was good, no visible flaws, no soft spots, etc., overall impression was it was well made and cared for.

I used a 9mm punch on the cap, draw was good, but a little on the tight side - no big deal. The usual toasting for about 10 seconds, and we're off... The first half was a bit spicy (not overly so) with strong cedar overtones. As I apporached the 2nd half, the draw opened up to near perfect. The taste mellowed out, but still had some hints of cedar (not a bad thing at all!). Burn was fairly even.. sometimes burning a bit unevenly, but straightening itself out with no touchup (there was a bit of a breeze in the shop, that was likely the cause). The taste was quite similar to the Sosa Robusto I'm puffing on now, but a little less refined.

Overall, I'd rate this a great smoke for the money... I can't wait to try the maduro! (getting a weakness for maddys!).

Robert

AdvAutoBob said:
Overall, I'd rate this a great smoke for the money... I can't wait to try the maduro! (getting a weakness for maddys!).

Robert
[snapback]280573[/snapback]​

Oh I hear ya there brother, I too am finding myself greatly pleased with dark, rich maduro cigars. Moreso than naturals as of late it would seem.