• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

La Flor Dominica Ligero

ALostTexan

The Travelin' Cigar Man
My local shop has a really nice selection of La Flor Dominica cigars, and I tried a Ligero today, hoping for a good cigar for The Dead concert. Nice size, great structure, but I was quite unimpressed with the cigar. It was beautiful, but a very weak cigar for strength, almost a mild cigar as far as I was concerned. It also had a decent draw, but nothing that great.

I was quite let down by this cigar, especially since the owner of the shop always brags about this cigar. They also have a good amout of the "Limitado" series of LFD's, which is supposed to bt held to a 1000 box limit, and I was a litte let down by this cigar also. Anyone else tried any of these?

ALostTexan

I bought one the other day. The double Ligero. Have not tried it yet. These are supposed to be new. I am sad that it wasn't great. They are reasonably priced. THey look a lot like the Serie R. Too bad they don't taste as good. I will let you know when I smoke mine.

Is that Double Ligero to "Chisel"? It looks like a chisel, and is supposed to be a VERY strong cigar. My shop had them, and I passed them up a few times, and of course now they are sold out. Damn the wait.

ALostTexan

taste is soooo subjective. you'll probably always find people who'll brag on a cigar you don't like and you my brag on a cigar that they hate. just my $.02 :D (which my says isn't really worth that much :p )

I was also unimpressed with the Ligero series. The Limitada is a totally different story. Very tasty cigar. Picked up several of the Chisels and some of the other Double Ligeros but haven't tried them yet.

I tried the LFD Ligero Toro sized cigar awhile back. I thought it was "okay" but nothing special. The flavor was pretty good but the strength was medium at it's peak but it was well constructed and a beautiful stick.

Aloha,

Wade

:thumbs: Tried a Chisel this morning. Beautiful wrapper and pre-light smell. Clipped the tip off the head and the draw was perfect. Lit up and got a rich flavor from the first puff to the last. Razor-sharp burn with no corrections. Slightly different flavor than the Limitados but very nice. Only have two left and I must get more!

Cool. With you recommendation, I will probably try one out.

Thanks,

ALostTexan

Had a LFD Chisel Double Ligero tonight.
Not a bad cigar at all, i was quite impressed considering some negative feedback i found on the board, still decided to try one.
Good construction, plenty of smoke, and there was a good amount of flavor.
Also caught a nice little buzz.
Not a bad cigar for the price.

I have had the L300 an L400. I rather liked them, although you can get a kick from them, more so than other cigars. I would like to find a chisel to try, the local shops here do not have any.

The L300 certainly does not have the kick that the DLs have, but still tasty. The Limitados have mellowed considerably from when first released but still a very good cigar. Now them DLs, the 600, Chisel, Chisel Gorda and the Chiselito, I have them at the top of my list; these are just damn good cigars!

My new roommate came home with a chisel dl the other day.. we punched it on the top of the chisel.. Have to say, it was very tasty. :)

I am a huge LFD fan, but only the double ligeros. If you want pure stregnth, albeit a little one dimmensional, thats the stick. If anyone wants to know where to get them at the best prices (full selection) PM me.

Barney

One of the best cigars I have had has been the tubos #200 from la flor dominica.
Pretty strong but one hell of a good cigar. Really dont care for much else from la flor dom. I even have some of the face off and the chisels. They just didnt blow up my skirt.

Later guys, Jaret

Horse said:
My new roommate came home with a chisel dl the other day.. we punched it on the top of the chisel.. Have to say, it was very tasty. :)
OK. There's just something a little strange about two people smoking one cigar :D