• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

La Flor Dominicana - Cheroot

To err is human, to smoke, divine.
Marca: La Flor Dominicana
Vitola: Cheroot
Length: ~5 1/2″
Ring Gauge: ~36
Origin: Dominican Republic
Accompanying Beverage: Americano

These cigars are a limited production item and are currently only available through Empire Cigars in Raleigh, NC. I am told they are comprised of 100% ligero. This cigar was received as part of a blind taste test with yeahthatsme (Joe).

gallery_6478_1021_22451.jpg

gallery_6478_1021_15585.jpg

gallery_6478_1021_14085.jpg

The cigar came with a hole at the head of the torpedo so no cut was necessary. The appearance of this cigar is nothing short of ugly. There are many bumps in the wrapper, the stick itself has a slight bend. I jokingly asked Joe if he had sent me a cigar he tried to roll himself. Despite the ugly appearance, the cigar is well put together and, as you’ll see, burned very well.

Prelight

The prelight draw has a somewhat spicy, tobacco taste. Very relaxed draw but not too loose.

Beginning

Instantly I am hit with a full, spicy, strong, thick smoke. My mind first jumps to the double ligero full body of an LFD Chisel. The smoke is surprisingly fragrant but at this point all I’m getting is heavy spice.

gallery_6478_1021_31506.jpg

First Third

As I get into the first third, the flavor of this cigar is starting to smooth out. It’s not as harsh as it was in the very beginning. It remains very full and spicy. The heavy peppery tones are quite pleasant now that I’m adjusting to this powerhouse.

gallery_6478_1021_4983.jpg

Second Third

So far I must say I’m impressed with the flavor and power coming out of such a humble looking cigar. The spicy, peppery tastes are mixing now with warm cedar notes that are almost sweet. Definitely a unique cigar so far and it’s producing satisfying amounts of thick smoke.

gallery_6478_1021_30654.jpg

Final Third

As we head into the final third, the cedar notes are disappearing back into what I can only describe as heavy, spicy, peppery smoke. For the first section of this final third, the flavor is still pleasantly balanced despite the punch it packs. I’m feeling the heavy nicotine in my gut. As the final third is sipped into oblivion, the cigar is getting a bit harsh - though not entirely unpleasant yet.

gallery_6478_1021_24324.jpg

As the harshness continues to build up, I must resist the temptation to purge and keep smoking. I’m getting a lot of that heavy ligero muscle and what was once pleasant spice is being overpowered by the harsh bitterness. It’s time to let this cigar burn out.

Overall

My overall impression of this cigar (remember, I still don’t know what it was at this point) is one of surprise and contentment. I’ve been knocked back by the power of this stick, but am pleasantly satisfied with the full, spicy flavor it has delivered. I would absolutely recommend trying this cigar in the evening after a hearty meal. If you can handle your Opus and your LFD Double Ligero, you’re likely to enjoy it. I’ll certainly be looking to get my hands on a few more. :thumbs:

My sentiments exactly!! This little bad boy is not for the faint at heart, but the flavors are as complex as the fullness, so I like them.

Jim

Nice review. I am not brave enough to smoke one of those, too much nicotine for me.

That is one ugly stick.

Well done on the review.

For some reason, this image popped into my head. Can see Matt step up with the spurs clickin' and that whistle you always here right before a gun fight. :laugh:

I kinda like the rugged look of that cigar. Thanks for review Matt, great job!

SPT8343The-Man-With-No-Name-Posters.jpg

I picked up one the other day from empire. It was smaller then I expected which made me a little hesitant about paying seven bucks for it. Mine will probably sit in the humi for quite awhile.

Thanks for the review

I was interested in these when they came out and sent the PM to get the price. Then I backed off after reading all the reviews and comments about their strength. So basically, I chickened out.

Now that I read your review, I have to try and find a few of them again...because after all, I can't die a chicken!

Thanks

I was interested in these when they came out and sent the PM to get the price. Then I backed off after reading all the reviews and comments about their strength. So basically, I chickened out.

Now that I read your review, I have to try and find a few of them again...because after all, I can't die a chicken!

Thanks

Dammit. It is so hard for us to call you a chicken when you admit to being one already. :whistling:

Thanks for the fine review!
I enjoyed my first of these on Friday after work. Yes, they are very strong, but they do have wonderful, smooth flavors and are worth the price IMO.
I intend to add to my stash of these before they disappear.

Thanks

Dammit. It is so hard for us to call you a chicken when you admit to being one already. :whistling:
Took the gun outa' your hand before you had a chance to load it! I guess you could say I think like a lawyer :whistling:

Enough thread jacking Stu...do you have any of these I can buy from you?...before I post in the appropriate Forum. I have a ton of LP#9 for ya'...in every size.... :laugh:

Matt, I've read your review numerous times and I'm to the point of salivating....great job :cool: