• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Chisel

iota

La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Chisel (6 x 54). This is one where I totally agree with popular opinion. Great smoke. This is how you make a full bodied cigar. It's strong sure, but it's all about the flavor. It's not a pepper bomb and it's not harsh at all. I don't know anything about how one goes about picking exactly the right blend to get that balance, but I can imagine it's pretty tough. In terms of balance, I put this one in the same category as the Oliva Serie V.

The wrapper is really visually appealing with strong colors and really great construction. The cigar itself felt firm all the way around, so you definitely know you're not going to be sucking air. As for the cap, there seems to be a lot of different approaches to cutting a chisel. Some people punch a hole in the top. Some people just squeeze the end to open it up a bit and don't cut it at all. But others just don't worry about it, like me, and just cut the head pretty much like anything else. And you know what else? I end up biting the end a bit between my teeth and round it out while I smoking. I make no apologies for that. It could be worse though, I could smoke them from the side like LarryH.

The burn was fine. I did need to touch it up a bit along the way, but nothing major. The flavor was always really interesting and evolved throughout the smoke. It was the most intense in the last third, but still not overbearing. I was just drinking water, but otherwise I think it would go down best with something sweet or something bitter.

Related threads:
770512904_5TzUr-XL.jpg

770606164_DJaZt-XL-1.jpg

770606249_iW5QJ-XL.jpg

Nice review and pictures, very well done. :thumbs: This is a cigar I have been meaning to try, I only wish I had a shop around me that carried 'em.

Mmmm, one of my personal favorites in the La Flor line. Excellent review on an excellent cigar.

Great pictures! I really enjoy this cigar but only on a very full belly :D

Alright, two reviews is enough. No need to go overboard with this. :p :laugh: Seriously, another nice review. The last one I had I made the mistake of smoking after I had finished a Cabaiguan and it was unpleasant and harsh which I totally blame on myself. I need to go back to these because I really enjoyed them. Are you going to tease us with a curio per review or are we going to get to see the whole collection at some point. :D

Oh, forgot to add: Did you do the "Rush Limbaugh" technique to open the head of the cigar?
Edit to add ^^^

La Flor had a herf near here in November. Since then it is on my favorites list.

Great photo's and review.

Love your lil' smoking buddy there! :laugh:

These are just a classic must-smoke cigar. Good review of a great stick!

~Boar

Thanks for the review. Haven't had one in a while, but I really enjoyed these when they first came out. Next time I reach for a NC, I'm thinking LFDDL.

Are you going to tease us with a curio per review or are we going to get to see the whole collection at some point. :D
No real collection here to speak of. Ending up with a completely random assortment of toys just ends up being part of being a video game developer for whatever reason. Now, some of the guys I've worked with, who are actually inclined to collect them, have ridiculous collections that dwarf most toy shops. I think I'll have to introduce mine one at a time though. Wouldn't want to blow the load all at once, you know. :)

Oh, forgot to add: Did you do the "Rush Limbaugh" technique to open the head of the cigar?
Naw. I just cut it.

Great review. I don't know why you were worried about posting them outside the "Today's Smoke" thread, I've liked them all so far. I also really like the "related threads" section, shows you've been doing some reading.

Thanks a lot for the review :thumbs:

This is an awesome stick and not too pricy.

Nice review Iota, and I agree with Tom, it's nice to see you doing quite a bit of research/reading. This is a good quality. One that I didn't have when I first started here, so it seems as though you are off to a good start here at CP. I really like the Chisels, and was just treated to one of the LFD Salomon's a few weeks ago from theroberthogan. I hate to say, but I didn't care for the Salomon as much as I do the chisels. But take my p*ss poor "review" for what it's worth.

On a side note is the figure holding the stick from Spawn? I know that I have seen him before, I just can't place him.

Edit: grammar

Great review. I don't know why you were worried about posting them outside the "Today's Smoke" thread, I've liked them all so far. I also really like the "related threads" section, shows you've been doing some reading.
Well, the related stuff is really what it comes down to. There's so much that's been covered already it's hard to say anything that hasn't already been said before. Except for my own opinion, I suppose. Which I'm full of. Opinions, that is. Probably the other too. :)

On a side note is the figure holding the stick from Spawn? I know that I have seen him before, I just can't place him.
Yup, you got it. I was a programmer on a Spawn video game about 13-14 years ago (not hardly my best game, BTW) and we got a shipment of toys in from McFarlane Toys as part of our "research" along with a crapload of the early comics which I probably still have around here somewhere.

Thanks for the comments, guys!

Mike.

Nice review Iota, and I agree with Tom, it's nice to see you doing quite a bit of research/reading. This is a good quality. One that I didn't have when I first started here, so it seems as though you are off to a good start here at CP. I really like the Chisels, and was just treated to one of the LFD Salomon's a few weeks ago from theroberthogan. I hate to say, but I didn't care for the Salomon as much as I do the chisels. But take my p*ss poor "review" for what it's worth.

Edit: grammar

If I remember correctly, that's the Clown, one of Spawn's first villains. He changes into the Violator which is a tattoo I would love to have all over my back! but that's just me.

Great review, right now I'm too chicken to light up my chiselito!