• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

La flor Dominicana

Fyodor

I'm really in love with the LFD line, been smoking a lot of them lately. I've had the Chisel Maduro, El jocko natural, bought a box of the tubo 200 and the Ligero Oscuro natural 300's. These cigars are so good and pretty cheap considering the quality and yummy taste. They make quite a few different cigars and I'm worried I might be missing out on a good one. Any one care to recommend another to try? I would definitely like to try the Lancero and the Especials but can not find any, if any one cares to sell me one I will be your friend forever. Are the Chiselitos as good as the Chisels? I prefer the dimensions. Feel free to answer these questions and more.

Here are some to try:
LG Diez
LFD Limitado II
LFD Factory Press
(along with the Especiales and Lanceros you mentioned)

Litto is sure making some interesting new cigars.

The Chiselito is good but its milder than the Chisel. And a smaller smoke so when pressed for time, thats a good go to smoke.

LG's are one of my favorite smokes. The LFD double ligero chisel is very good, but very strong.

My favorites are:

LFD Oscuro Natural Lanceros
LFD Oscuro Natural Churchill Especiales
LFD LG Diez Americano & Oriental
LFD Limitado I

(Not a huge fan of the Limitada II, perhaps it is too young... similarly, the Factory Press just doesn't do it for me)

What exactly is the difference between the Limitado I and II?

Edit for spelling.

Tried the DL 600, double ligero, very tasty, but not one to smoke on an empty stomach!

Schwiering said:
What exactly is the difference between the Limitado I and II?

Edit for spelling.
[snapback]288053[/snapback]​

Different wrapper, different blend. Those who have had both have generally preferred the first Limitado, based on various posts comparing the two.

Agree with somebody above that the DL-600 is the sleeper in this line.

I had a few of the new cigars with the funky wrapper (looks like a maduro but isn't a real maduro)when they first came out. Blech!

Haven't smoked the couple of Limitado IIs I bought. They have the new wrapper, too. Expectations are not high.

The Limitado I was one of the best cigars ever made. When new they really could kick your ass big time (and I'm a "Antano first thing in the morning" kinda guy). Age has mellowed them considerably, but the flavor is still outstanding. Did a split on them and after smoking one I bought two more boxes for myself. The one cigar in my coolers that I simply will not trade away.

I myself prefer the II to the first. I remember having it the first time the Limitado I came out. Its been so long ago that I actually tossed the band in with the isom bands from my trips in Europe. Then last year I got back into LFD and realized it was a LFD band. :D

I smoke a lot of the L-300 Oscuro Naturals. Don't care for the L-400 or L-500...too large a ring gauge "waters" down the flavors IMHO. I believe the Especiales will be fantastic in time...just too young right now. The Lancero was great, but milder than expected. I like the Limitado II. My understanding is that it has the same blend as the Limitado I, just a different wrapper. I am not a fan of the Diez line.

moki said:
LFD Oscuro Natural Churchill Especiales

Definitely Concur. Also, I just picked up the LFD 2000 series Mojito Tin. They are great, short smokes. One of the only cigarellos that I like. I got teh LFD Culebra too, but I haven't tried that bad boy yet...

-K-

Thanks everyone for the replies. Mostly you guys recommend the rare ones that I already plan to try if I can ever get a hold of them. For now however, I will try the 2000, Limitado II, and factory press. The factory press is pretty much the exact opposite of what I look for in a cigar, I don't like large ring gauges or the box press shape, but I'm still curious about the flavor.

The Factory Press is really good. Not as ass kicking as the Chisel is. Way milder than that.

Litto is coming out with a new belicoso soon too... will advise the details soon after I smoke it this weekend.