• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

La Gloria Cubana Deliciosos

massphatness

I've been trying to hold out on smoking these, but it's such a glorious morning here in New England that I could resist no more and chose this first-ever regional from Cuba as my smoke for the AM walk with Grace & the pup.

This regional comes beautifully packaged in a ceramic jar. In my albeit limited experience, it is one of the more stunning jars out there.

4455831786_2db30bfb20.jpg

Tale of the tape:

The LGC Deliciosos is a Cuban regional released in 2009. It is a Hermosos No. 4 sized stick, 5-inches in length with a ring guage of 48. The band is similar to the standard LGC band but it has some embossing not normally found on the LGCs. Second regional band denotes it as Exclusivo Cuba.

4611747656_f4fa3b82c6.jpg

The cigar is smooth with a rich Colorado claro color and well rolled.

4611758402_4d77ba740f_o.jpg

I snipped the cap using a Xikar Multi Tool and took a pre-light draw. There was a lightness to it and it drew nicely with no hints of plugs. The cigar itself felt a little spongy, and I thought it might be still a bit wet.

Toasting the foot, the Deliciosos gave off a fair amount of smoke.

The first draws were pleasant with a light woodiness that predominated. The ash was a mix of light gray to almost black in spots, and the burn started off a bit ragged. I chalked this last part up to the sponginess I had felt in the cigar at the outset.

The flavors didn't change much during the first half of the stick. Like most LGCs this cigar is on the lighter side, and there may have been some floral sweetness underlying the woody notes.

The strength of the stick picked up in the second half and any sweetness I may have detected during the first couple inches was gone. The woodiness is still there with some nutty flavors (maybe almond?) as well. The burn is still a bit all over the place, and the stick required a couple touch ups. Apologies for the horrid pic, but you'll be able to make out the jaggedness of the burn.

4611767310_201c97d09a_o.jpg

It was shortly after this photo that I removed the bands. I like to slide them off in the round, and I'm a little anal retentive about this. The LGC band slid off with a minimal of cajoling, but the RE band was wrapped a little too tightly. It neither spun nor slid, and it took a fair amount of massaging to get it to come off. Even thern there was some very slight tearing of the wrapper despite my best efforts. It was nothing that took away from the smoking experience, but it is a pet peeve of mine to find bands too tightly wrapped to the cigar.

Total smoking time was just under an hour.

As I finished the cigar, I was left thinking these are going to be a true delight down the road, particularly for those (like me) who enjoy the La Gloria marca. Given their relative freshness, I am going to plan out my next one of these further in advance and take the opportunity to dry box it for a bit. Hopefully this evens out the burn issue which was the only real negative about the experience.

I was clinching my pockets as I read your review :laugh:

Sounds like a great smoke

I've been trying to hold out on smoking these, but it's such a glorious morning here in New England that I could resist no more and chose this first-ever regional from Cuba as my smoke for the AM walk with Grace & the pup.

This regional comes beautifully packaged in a ceramic jar. In my albeit limited experience, it is one of the more stunning jars out there.

4455831786_2db30bfb20.jpg

Tale of the tape:

The LGC Deliciosos is a Cuban regional released in 2009. It is a Hermosos No. 4 sized stick, 5-inches in length with a ring guage of 48. The band is similar to the standard LGC band but it has some embossing not normally found on the LGCs. Second regional band denotes it as Exclusivo Cuba.

4611747656_f4fa3b82c6.jpg

The cigar is smooth with a rich Colorado claro color and well rolled.

4611758402_4d77ba740f_o.jpg

I snipped the cap using a Xikar Multi Tool and took a pre-light draw. There was a lightness to it and it drew nicely with no hints of plugs. The cigar itself felt a little spongy, and I thought it might be still a bit wet.

Toasting the foot, the Deliciosos gave off a fair amount of smoke.

The first draws were pleasant with a light woodiness that predominated. The ash was a mix of light gray to almost black in spots, and the burn started off a bit ragged. I chalked this last part up to the sponginess I had felt in the cigar at the outset.

The flavors didn't change much during the first half of the stick. Like most LGCs this cigar is on the lighter side, and there may have been some floral sweetness underlying the woody notes.

The strength of the stick picked up in the second half and any sweetness I may have detected during the first couple inches was gone. The woodiness is still there with some nutty flavors (maybe almond?) as well. The burn is still a bit all over the place, and the stick required a couple touch ups. Apologies for the horrid pic, but you'll be able to make out the jaggedness of the burn.

4611767310_201c97d09a_o.jpg

It was shortly after this photo that I removed the bands. I like to slide them off in the round, and I'm a little anal retentive about this. The LGC band slid off with a minimal of cajoling, but the RE band was wrapped a little too tightly. It neither spun nor slid, and it took a fair amount of massaging to get it to come off. Even thern there was some very slight tearing of the wrapper despite my best efforts. It was nothing that took away from the smoking experience, but it is a pet peeve of mine to find bands too tightly wrapped to the cigar.

Total smoking time was just under an hour.

As I finished the cigar, I was left thinking these are going to be a true delight down the road, particularly for those (like me) who enjoy the La Gloria marca. Given their relative freshness, I am going to plan out my next one of these further in advance and take the opportunity to dry box it for a bit. Hopefully this evens out the burn issue which was the only real negative about the experience.

Thanks for the review. I smoked a couple of these in April that I purchased from a retailer in Paradise Island. They were a bit young, but despite that, I did not think they were as good as what is left of the standard LGC line...