• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

La Gloria Cubana Tainos

Mike33

I've got a lot of free time on my hands now that I have a break from school, so I thought I would do some reviews. The first one I am reviewing is a LGC Tainos from '07. This Churchill size cigar is only available in boxes of 10 and is faily small production, as is most of the LGC brand. This particular specimen had a very dark and unusually oily wrapper. The cigar exhibited good construction and had a very nice pre-light draw. Aroma pre-light was heavily barnyard with some cedar noticable as well.

PC140388.jpg

First thing that hits me after I lit the cigar was the strong floral notes mixed with a type of nutty characteristic that I found slightly unusal for a LGC. Another unusual element was a slight spiciness for the first third of the cigar. The cigar is decidely medium-bodied throughout, with a smooth draw the whole time. Subtle bean notes are also present during most of the cigar, only subsiding during the final third. It started off brilliantly, but lost some of its character after the first inch and didn't regain form until another inch or so. Once it came back around, the floral notes were still present, but it was showing a little fruity character with some berry notes. No real showing of youth except for the bland inch or so at the start, and I was able to nub it without any harshness coming at the end.

Overall: Probaly an 88 right now, with the ability to become a great cigar in a couple of years. Right now, it has complexity and a strong showing of distinct flavors that bode well for the future. Not as punchy or in your face as a lot of popular brands today, but very satisfying, especially if you are looking for a distinct and complex cigar.

PC140389.jpg

PC140390.jpg

Nice review. I've been wanting to try this one for a while now.