• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

La Gloria Cubana Wavell Maduro

KStevenson

La Gloria Cubana Wavell Maduro
5" x 50 ring
Wrapper: Ecuador Binder: Nicaragua Filler: DR & NicaraguaThis cigar was part of a pair that were given to me last year. Nicely box pressed and almost black in color, the cigar felt solid and looked good.In general I prefer natural wrappers to maduro, so I wasn't looking to get my socks knocked off. Even so, I was immediately impressed with how well the "sweet tobacco" flavor went with my oatmeal stout. The two flavors complemented each other so well, that they practically merged. I definitely recommend this combination.In a word, the cigar was consistent. The burn was impeccible, the ash was solid, and the flavor didn't get harsh at the end. I'd heard that LGC had a reputation for excellent construction. Now I know that the reputation is deserved. I burned my fingers on this one, which is unusual for me. I'm now looking forward to torching the other one!--KTS--

I was gifted one of these & smoked it a couple of weeks ago.I concur – great cigar. I like maduro but sometimes I think the wrappers overpower the rest of the tobacco. No sense putting a dark wrapper on a stick that was not blended for the strong maduro flavors. My impression of the LGC wavell was that it is a well balanced, rich cigar. It was meant to be a maduro.

I tell you this is a good cigar but I miss the LGC that was made in Miami...when production went to the DR the spicy taste went with it.

I think that some LGC are still made in Miami. They are mostly for local distribution though.

I agree fully nice little cigar! :)
On the subject of LGC has anyone else heard rumors that they may be fazzed out in a year or 2 by the new ownership? Just ask'n my source seems to think they may be.