• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

La Gloria Glorias

Flatsix

Reaction score
La Gloria Cubana
Glorias 6.25 x 46
Natural
Wrapper: Ecuadoran
Filler: Dominican Nicaraguan
Binder: Nicaraguan
Made in DR by El Credito

Cellophane wrapped

Approx 3 years old

I've had this cigar floating around in my humidor for a few years now. I used to smoke La Gloria Wavells on a regular basis, liked the La Gloria brand but haven't had one in a while. Pulled this one out of the humi last night and decided it was time.

Unwrapped cigar and noted that the cigar was firm and well rolled seemed a little on the tight side, smelled very good.

First light, very smooth, not strong but had a great smooth nutty flavor.
A couple of inches in I noted that the burn was perfect, draw was perfect, ash was tight. I didn't expect this cigar to be so good, I suppose that it was due to the aging.
Throughout the smoke, the flavor did not change much, no harshness or sour taste, was steady all the way through, still smooth and nutty til the end.

I really liked this cigar, I'm thinking that it was greatly improved by the 3 years spent in the humidor. I've had other La Glorias fresh from the shop and the burn was a little uneven and the flavor a little more harsh toward the end. If this one was this good, maybe it's time to start smoking the strays in my humidor.

Nice review.

LGC seems to get little love around these parts, but with some age they are a wonderful stick at any price and a down-right steal at what these go for.

This reminds me, it is about time to put down another box of Wavells. (Anyone remember when they used to come in bundles and you had to order direct from El Credito?)

I just smoked a wavell maduro that had been in my humi for at least 2 years and was quite aged when I received it. It was outstanding as have been all the other LGCs I've smoked with a little age. Definitely a keeper in my book.