• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

La Tradicion Cubana : Corona

alkaline

First review!

La Tradicion Cubana

Shape: Corona
Wrapper: Ecuador
Filler: Dominican Republic, Nicaragua
Binder: Honduras

This is a beautiful looking cigar. Smooth and evenly colored wrapper. The cigar felt solid with one small soft spot. Really top notch rolling. This comes packaged in a cedar sleeve so prelight aroma was essentially cedar.

[1/3]: First thing I noticed was the absolutely perfect draw. Light pepper taste initially and I found the cigar to smoke a bit dry. All through the first third the profile was mostly one dimensional. Light pepper and hints of cedar.

[2/3]: A slight sweetness starts to pick up. The pepper has completely gone away and I am left with hints of leather and chocolate...almost mocha. The draw is still wonderful.

[3/3]: This cigar stayed very smooth till the end. It finishes up with a very nice creamy chocolate flavor which is finally overcome with a blast of pepper.

Overall a very smooth and enjoyable cigar perfect for a spring afternoon. Construction was fantastic with no burn problems and a perfect draw. I would have enjoyed a bit more complexity.

Overall : 7 / 10

IMG_0092.JPG

IMG_0095.JPG

IMG_0093.JPG

IMG_0094.JPG

IMG_0096.JPG