• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

La Tradicion Cubana Retail Store In Little Havana Burns Down

Whole little strip mall burned that contained this factory. Second fire in the area recently as well. Suspicious to say the least and still under investigation.

First off, I hope that no one was injured. Next, I make no inferences whatsoever, but just two weeks ago when I inquired about the status of some of the gigantic pyramids I ordered over 6 or 7 weeks ago, I was told by a distributor, not La Tradicion, that La Tradicion has been moving their operations/manufacturing process to the DR.

Little Havana seems to seeing an influx of new people who are taking advantage of the condo conversions and the easy access to downtown Miami. As a result and perhaps as a related event (perhaps not) there have been a number of "burn outs" in the area recently. Six weeks ago a strip mall down the street from El Credito (La Gloria Cubana) burned down. That strip contained El Rey De La Frita and I almost burst out in tears as I saw it burn. They served THE best Frita (Cuban hamburgers) in Miami. My regular trip to Little Havana always meant a stop for a few fritas at El Rey, a Cafe' Cubano at the bakery next door and then a walk down the block to El Credito to pick up some La Gloria Cubana "seconds". The fire at Calle Ocho and 19th is already being labeled as possible arson in the Miami press. It seems to be a "burn out" to those who are in the know.

Whole little strip mall burned that contained this factory. Second fire in the area recently as well. Suspicious to say the least and still under investigation.

Thankfully, no one was hurt. The Pawn shop owner on the same strip says he showed up Sunday morning to see his front window busted out and then the strip mall burst out in flames. The flames were so intense and so involved that they burned most of Sunday despite the fact that the Miami Fire Department showed up quite quickly. La Tradicion had some cool cigar related antiques and it looks like most were burned up in the blaze.