• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

La Vieja Habana Early Years

Lumberg

Opus Lover
Reaction score
Got this one fro free from a guy at a DE Event at JRs

Figured I would go from the milder regular to the stronger early years

He said it would kick my ass right off the bat then mellow down.

He was right...had to back up off this little baby.

This parejo is MUCH more flavorful than the regular. Maduro wrapper and much tighter construction. Good draw, lots of smoke, much spicier.

The flavor is hard to describe. Still has that kind of bland paperish undertone that is classid of the DE cigars, but over top of it has the sweetness of the maduro wrapper and another stronger quality I can't quite put my finger on.

Very subtle hints of a perfumey floral taste. Maybe chickory.

VERY strong nicotine wise.

This is like the premium version of the plain VH. even burn, whiter ash, stringer ash.

Not sure if I would smoke one of these again because the strnegth is overpowering. Or maybe it is just too much of a change of pace from the other one.

I got to meet Jonathan Drew at the Holiday Herf and we talked quite a bit about the original LVH and the new one. He told me that he wanted to make the Early Years for those cigar smokers that like stronger cigars. I've smoked several of them over the last two weeks and thoughly enjoy them. They are not like the original LVH which was a medium-bodied cigar. :thumbs:

It will be interesting to see how these age.