• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

La Vigilia di Natale

Devil Doc

When Death smiles, Corpsmen smile back
AKA, The Feast of the Seven Fishes. Although if you go to Italy for Christmas eve, no one has ever heard of it. It's simply La Vigilia. I suspect someone from NJ is responsible. As one native of Italy once told me, there are no rules in Italy. Rules are for the French.  So let's just say this is a pain in the ass, but it's tradition and now that fewer of us even speak the language, the traditions must be adhered to. Our black dressed grandmothers would insist and we need to keep their traditions alive. This year I expect to extract a promise from my daughter that she and her daughter will keep this day like her grandmother and myself when I can no longer do it. 
So my menu will consist of:  Stuffed mushrooms with crab, steamed mussels, Shrimp cocktail, Calamari stew, Baccala salad, sautéed King crab legs, fried haddock, fried calamari, Shrimp Scampi with linguine, and Seafood stuffed baked lobster. I'll also make steak en panata for the Protestants among us. We have few, but as Italians we can't let them go hungry.

Doc