• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Lafayette, LA

wanlail

I'm going down to Lafayette for a few days next week to do some Safegulf and offshore training. Any places I should try to visit or things to do?

Kevin

I haven't lived in the area for over 10 years, which was before I started smoking cigars, so no good info on smoke shops. Try the Cajun cuisine. The blue crabs should be in prime season right now. Paul Prudome's sister had a nice restaurant a little north of Lafayette on I45(?). There should some decent places to eat in Breaux Bridge (east of Laf), it is the crawfish capital, but crawfish are out of season right now.

Enjoy,

Ken

I'd get in contact with CajunBlaze (Rich), since he lives down the road in New Iberia. Personally I'd go to Baton Rouge if time permitted. There I would eat at The Chimes (good beer selection) and visit Don Juan Cigar Co and Churchill's. Have as much fun as you can.

I'm going down to Lafayette for a few days next week to do some Safegulf and offshore training. Any places I should try to visit or things to do?

Kevin

I'm in Louisiana; but I haven't been to Lafayette in a few years. We used to go to Cafe Des Amis in Breaux Bridge.
I don't know what it's like now.

Have fun and let us know if you had a good time!

Thanks for the advice. I'm looking forward to being in the swamp.

I grew up in Baton Rouge so I don't know that much about Lafayette. However, my sister lives there and if you like live music it shouldn't be too hard to find. There are a bunch of bars that have bands playing. Plus, the food down in Louisiana ain't too bad.
thumbs-up.gif

"Laissez le bon temps roulez"