• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

LaFlor Dominicana Double Ligero

Toaster

Puff Puff Pass v2.0 2004
I recently tried these cigars- the chisel size first. I had never seen a cigar with that exact shape before- kinda strange I thought, then I saw the picture of how you're "supposed" to punch a chisel!? For those who don't know, a chisel size is . . . well, chisel shaped. It looks like a Beli or Torp, that has been flattened. And they (LaFlor) want you do punch a hole in the top edge of one of the flat sides of the end... Hmm- that makes for a strange sensation, I tried it, and after puffing on it the cap ended up coming off anyway! so I clipped the end. :)

The cigar it self, to me is peppery or spicey- which I like alot. The draw is good to excellent, with adequate amount of smoke- not tons, but more than many I've smoked before (to me, more smoke the better).

As you can read from my profile, I'm not one of those taste a hint of this, and a hint of that kind of guys- but I can tell you, the cigar does mellow out some after the first 1/3 to 1/2, and changes a little... Its a very good cigar imho- and I'd call it a strong medium, to weak full bodied cigar (so about a 7-8ish on the strength)

I think they are a little over priced where I've been buying them at nearly $7, but its still a good cigar... The chisel and DL600 versions.. The DL700 (huge cigar) is no where near as strong, and definitely a medium bodied smoke- I was unimpressed.... in this case, size did matter and smaller was better (YAY!)

:thumbs: Toaster

Nice review, I received a Chisel by a very kind CP member ;) . I used a V-cutter to clip it, and this worked great! As for the taste, I tried the maduro version and it damn near knocked me on my ass.

DOH! I forgot to mention the maduro- one of the nicest one's I've had yet- And I'm not a big maduro guy, but the Chisel maduro is probably smoother than the natural.

I'll have to try the big honkin one I have in the humi. Pluse I have the next smaller one too. They have been sitting there cause I am a little intimidated by the strength. I will spark one up this week.

Emo

Smoked a LFD Chisel Natural ( more of a SG color) and it was a very good cigar. The cigar shop manager told me to be careful as it was a super strong cigar. Since I like full bodied ISOMs, I was interested in comparison. The cigar smoked wonderfully. As Toaster stated generated a good amount of smoke with minimum effort. Last 1/4" was a little rough as taste became harsh. Overall a good cigar for my $7.00. Emo.....I would place stenght at medium when compared with any full bodied ISOM.

:D

My local shop owner and I had a conversation about Opus yesterday and he said that he thinks that the LFD Double Ligero and Davidoff Millenium are both better cigars than Opus. He showed me two of the chisel sizes (cos I had never seen them before) and they were interesting to say the least. I didn't buy any because a CP member is sending me a couple here soon but I am quite excited to try them.

IBPikin said:
Smoked a LFD Chisel Natural ( more of a SG color) and it was a very good cigar. The cigar shop manager told me to be careful as it was a super strong cigar. Since I like full bodied ISOMs, I was interested in comparison. The cigar smoked wonderfully. As Toaster stated generated a good amount of smoke with minimum effort. Last 1/4" was a little rough as taste became harsh. Overall a good cigar for my $7.00. Emo.....I would place stenght at medium when compared with any full bodied ISOM.

:D
I smoked a Chisel tonight while playing scrabble with my wife. I was a little anxious before I smoked it. I have heard nothing but good things about this cigar. After examining this cigar, I deiced it was well constructed. The nose was fairly spicey. I decided to double punch it. The pre-light was fairly open, and it was spicey on the tongue.
The first half was medium bodied and medium strength. It ended full bodied and almost full strength. It almost burned evenly. It never burned in a straight line, but still it burned pretty decent. The Chisel delivered plenty od smoke. Towards the end it tunneled. Due to the loose draw and flavor profile, I'd bet it would smoke best at %70.
It kinda remided me of a VSG, just not as rich of a flavor. Just 1 tier blow the VSG. Dunno the price, but worth a look.

Emo

Back