• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Laid Up For Awhile

Carbonless

I tore my ACL a few weeks ago playing soccer and am going to be having the surgery tomorrow to replace it. At first the doc made it sound almost routine and that I would be back walking (at least) in a week or two. Yesterday I went in for the pre-op and he said that I could expect to be in bed for 3-5 days and that I may have a problem with working next week since I'll prob still be on percocet.

If I'm going to be laid up for that long then I might need to change my rule about smoking in the house :thumbs:

A buddy of mine had ACL surgery. He was fine in about 3 weeks. Well as fine as you can be after ACL surgery. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Ed

Hope you feel better soon and that everything will go well tomorrow.

Hummm, I just whacked you maybe now is the time to finish you off while you can't escape. :sign:

If it doesn't work out you can always become a stock car driver since they can only turn in one direction too.

I'd just sit at home at stare at your avatar all day while recovering.

Oh yeah, hope everything goes well.

Sucks man... I'm still waiting for info. on my MRI, so I wish you a quick and speedy surgery, free of complications, and lots of those funny painkillers!! :sign:

Sorry to hear you have to go through something like this.

You may already know this, but do exactly what they say about icing the knee, that is the best way to heal, and keep a lot of the pain at bay.

OUCH. I hear torn ACLS hurt like a b*tch. Hope you get well soon.

OUCH. I hear torn ACLS hurt like a b*tch. Hope you get well soon.

I don't know, I tore mine along with my MCL and some meniscus and I walked home and went to work the next day. Knee was stiff, swelled up and there was pain but it wasn't unbearable.

It's going on 10 years now, never did get my knee fixed. (I don't recomend this course of action!) :whistling:

Heres for a great outcome for the surgery and a speedy recovery. Remember no posting while on percocet!

Hope the surgery goes well for you and the recovery is speedy and as painless as possible. By the way, what a great avatar...it mesmerizes me every time I read one of your posts.

Mike

Heres for a great outcome for the surgery and a speedy recovery. Remember no posting while on percocet!

You will be held accountable for what you type. :laugh:

Hope everything turns out well for you, the immovable target. :whistling:

Best of luck on the surgery and for a speedy recovery. ACL surgery has come a LONG way. 15 years ago you'd have had a huge scar from mid-shin running all the way up your quad. I had it done in 1996, blew it out playing football in high school. My scar is about 5 inches long, but now with the scopes it's not nearly as invasive. If I remember correctly I was laid up for about a week and then on crutches for a couple of weeks after that. The surgery immediate post-surgery doesn't hurt (I was awake for mine, they let me watch some of it) - but I won't lie, the stretching and PT during the rehab afterward sure doesn't tickle. Good luck man.

I actually watched an ACL repair performed in nusring school by one of the countries best docs for the job: Dr. Freddie Fu. He actually developed a new method for performing the surgery and has done so on many professional athletes and lots of other people with that injury. It was extremely interesting, as it was all laproscopic, and I feel like they washed the knee out with at least 10 gallons of saline during the surgery. All in all, you should be ok as long as you do what they tell you to in the recovery process. Good luck with the surgery!