• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

LaLuna V2 Climmax

gatorsmg

Here Fishy, Fishy
Yesterday (Labor Day) I went to a barbecue that a few friends put together. Four of us guys hung out by the grill most of time drinking beer, smoking cigars and eating some BBQ. After we were full and smelling like charcoal and cigars we went inside to watch the FSU vs Miami game. I brought cigars for everyone I thought would appreciate them and a few others for people who aren't really into cigars but would like one anyway.

A friend and I each smoked a LaLuna V2 climmax (new size: 6x54). These are the latest production of LaLuna and pretty tasty.

Couple of thoughts
I like this size stick and was happy to get a chance to smoke it. It had great construction and a nice dark sungrown wrapper. A large punch was used to ensure lots of smoke. The V2s have the classic LaLuna firmness but maintain a draw that in my opinion is perfect. This stick gave me lots of rich flavored smoke. Although the flavor was full and rich the cigar was not as harsh as I thought it would be. In fact it was not harsh at all, a fact that my friend pointed out a couple of times. I was very happy with the even burn and had a pretty nice ash going before it fell on my pants :rolleyes: Much to my surprise my friend did not have the same luck with his V2. His burned very unevenly however, that was due largely to his poor lighting of the cigar in the first place which he did not correct. Even considering his poor lighting it seemed that the cigar was still burning a little funny but it was hard to determine how much of that was the fault of the actual cigar...either way a surprise event with a LaLuna in my experience. My cigar burned perfectly all the way down until I nubbed it.

Gael is pretty picky when it comes to his cigars and even he said he was completely happy with the new V2s and for those of you who know him I'm sure can realize just what that means. I've only got two left and plan to buy more. I definitely want a box of the Natural Fuerte Luna de Lunas so I might just spring for a box of each.

Gator, I think that you got BBS hooked on these things. He just gifted me a couple to try along with several other very nice smokes. My expectations are getting prety high here :D :D

Gatorsmg - thanks for the review..... :thumbs:

Haven't got to a V2 yet. The LLNF "R" I tried was unremarkable, which really surprised me. Might have been me; I had to hurry the smoke and probably didn't give it the attention it needed. Also, it was more or less right out of the box; they could be a little "young" yet...??

Given the fantastic smokes I've had from them in the past, the jury is most certanly still out on that one. However, I'm confidant enough that I went ahead and scored the Colada in LLNF.... :laugh:

I sent Lou a V2 and a couple other LaLuna's so we could compare notes down the road. Methinks, this week I'll get to a V2 and revisit the LLNF. For sure I'll post my opinions.

Cheers, gents - B.B.S.

So Louie is going to be the next junkie :D

Sorry to hear about the "R". I prefer the P6 and even more so the Luna de Luna over the "R" in the Nat. Fuertes. Although when I want a quicker smoke the "R" is a great way to go. If you still don't like them after they sit for a while just send the rest to me :p

The V2 is great...I already need to go get more :D

gatorsmg said:
Sorry to hear about the "R".....
Hey there Gatorsmg - don't misunderstand - I'm not ready to write 'em off yet. I have a couple in my "smoking humi" and I'll get to them after they've had some time to recover.

I'm betting they just got a bit confused, given the climate change from sunny FL to the Pacific Northwest.... :p

Best Regards - B.B.S.

True, imagine your shock if you were boxed up for a few days and found yourself on the other side of the country upon being let out.

Not to thread jack your great V2 review, but I thought I owed you guys an LLNF update. Just finshed a LLNF "Colada" (little guy) with the morning cup 'o joe on the deck and it was great. Pretty clear to me that all they needed was some "quality time" in the humi and all has settled out very nicely. The first LLNF I smoked was literally "out of the box" (no self control there.... :p). Much more flavor; much closer to what I'd expect given the high expectations I have for smokes from LaLuna. I'll post another review on the LLNF's sometime in the next week or so but the long and short of it is that these are just dandy, given some down time. I'll do the same when I get to the V2.

One word - tasty - !!

Cheers - B.B.S.