• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Lanceros

tjm5019

Banned
Have yet to smoke any sort of lancero, and was wondering if anyone had some suggestions of particularly good lanceros!

yoshi94564 said:
LFD double ligero and opus phantom.
[snapback]281645[/snapback]​

Yeah those are excellent. The Graycliff Espresso Elegantes are nice too, Cohiba Lanceros, when not plugged, are great... Trinidad Fundadores are pretty good too.

Padilla Miami 8/11 lancero
Tatuaje Especiales
LFD if you can find one
TTT Trinidad Fundadore

Stay away from (Dominican)Davidoff #1's they are terrible and expensive. I've wanted to try the AVO # 4 but haven't yet. I'm sure the Opus are great too but I've never had one. I have not been able to try a Cuban lancero yet but plan to try Trinidad Fundadores, Cohiba lanceros, El Rey del Mundo Grandes de Espana, Partagas Serie du Connaisseur, and Montecristo Especial no. 1. Anyone know anything about these?

Lanceros are deffinately my favorite vitola, I need to try more of them.

I just smoked a Monte #1 Especiale last week.... A great smoke, if it has some age on it...

My favorite Opus is the Petit Lancero...

Love the Trinidad Fundadore's... A great smoke!!! :thumbs:

Something about that smaller ring gauge... ;)

moki said:
yoshi94564 said:

Yeah those are excellent. The Graycliff Espresso Elegantes are nice too, Cohiba Lanceros, when not plugged, are great... Trinidad Fundadores are pretty good too.
[snapback]281660[/snapback]​

I agree about the Cohiba being plugged...just smoked one today and it tasted great but it had such a hard draw that it took away from the enjoyment. Same with all 3 Trini lancero's that I have had. Very difficult cigar to roll without a draw issue...IMHO.

-Fetter

fetterjohn said:
moki said:
yoshi94564 said:

I agree about the Cohiba being plugged...just smoked one today and it tasted great but it had such a hard draw that it took away from the enjoyment. Same with all 3 Trini lancero's that I have had. Very difficult cigar to roll without a draw issue...IMHO.

-Fetter
[snapback]281751[/snapback]​

ISOM's do tend to have a tighter draw than NC's. I've noticed that if you're not used to that tight draw, it sometimes seems like everything you smoke that's an ISOM is plugged...

fetterjohn said:
moki said:
yoshi94564 said:

-Fetter
[snapback]281751[/snapback]​

This may be true with the Cubans, I don't know I've never had one, but as far as the NC's go I've never had one that was plugged.

Fyodor said:
This may be true with the Cubans, I don't know I've never had one, but as far as the NC's go I've never had one that was plugged.
[snapback]281764[/snapback]​

I have, and it sucked... :( Recently had a Montecristo Platinum that was plugged damn hear solid, and tasted like absolute crap... My B&M had no problem exchanging it out - something that I cannot do with most of my ISOM's...

ggiese said:
I just smoked a Monte #1 Especiale last week.... A great smoke, if it has some age on it...
[snapback]281750[/snapback]​

Ah yes, forgot about that one.

Monte No 1
Trini Funi's

I like the Montecristo Club Cabinet #40 as an NC Lancero.

I'm going with the Cohiba Lancero (I have not had a pluged one yet) and the LFD Lancero of which I reviewed here and ohh so tasty.

I have a Don Carlos Lancero that came in a sampler, I haven't smoked one yet though.

i've heard great things about the LFD Lancero on and off the site, but from what i understand they aren't the easiest thing to find....

The following Cuban Gran Panatelas and Long Panatelas are what I smoke on a daily basis.

Partagas Serie Du Connoisseur 1 .... Spicy and strong, old time Partagas flavor. I smoke more of these than any other " Lancero ".

Monte Especiale 1....... earthy and sweet. Has the Monte twang and is medium in strength.

Trinidad Fundadores........ the richest of all the " Lanceros " very complex flavors and also medium strength.

Cohiba Lancero....... classic Cohiba flavor, coffe beans and a little bit of spice. One of the stronger " Lanceros"

La Gloria Cubana Medaille D'Or 1........ very nice afternoon smoke with some nice nose.

El Rey Del Mundo Grandes De Espana........ mildest of the " Lanceros " they do not age very well, lose flavor after 7-10 years. The only one I do not keep in inventory.

Non Cuban Lanceros:

Don Carlos...........my favorite non Cuban "Lancero" the amount of wrapper flavor on this puppy makes it a world class cigar. Great nose and excellent sweetness.

Opus X .........the spiciest of all " Lanceros" by far. Very strong and very intense, definitely an after big dinner cigar.

Tatuaje Especiales ........ another strong and spicy cigar. The Nicaraguan tobacco makes it very unique.They could use some age.

Davidoff Lancero......... mild yet flavorful. Yes they are stupid money but what Davidoff isn't . Very well made cigar.

The Cuban " Lanceros" all need to be kept at 58-62 percent humidity. If you are keeping them at 70 percent then you will always have draw problems. 1999 and 2000 were the worst years for these cigars, especially the Cohiba Lancero. I have noticed that the 03 Partagas have all been fantastic in the construction department. I have smoked 3 boxes of these so far and not one plugged or even tight cigar.

I keep my non Cuban Lanceros in the same cabinet as my Cubans so I have had not one problem with them. I would imagine they could survive at higher humidity levels but why take a chance, keep them all at the 58-62 percent range.

I'm surprised no one mentioned Arturo Fuente Panatela Fina or Padron Panatelas. I haven't had any, they are cheap but possibly good?

The Master said:
The following Cuban Gran Panatelas and Long Panatelas are what I smoke on a daily basis.

Partagas Serie Du Connoisseur 1 .... Spicy and strong, old time Partagas flavor. I smoke more of these than any other " Lancero ".

Monte Especiale 1....... earthy and sweet. Has the Monte twang and is medium in strength.

Trinidad Fundadores........ the richest of all the " Lanceros " very complex flavors and also medium strength.

Cohiba Lancero....... classic Cohiba flavor, coffe beans and a little bit of spice. One of the stronger " Lanceros"

La Gloria Cubana Medaille D'Or 1........ very nice afternoon smoke with some nice nose.

El Rey Del Mundo Grandes De Espana........ mildest of the " Lanceros " they do not age very well, lose flavor after 7-10 years. The only one I do not keep in inventory.

Non Cuban Lanceros:

Don Carlos...........my favorite non Cuban "Lancero" the amount of wrapper flavor on this puppy makes it a world class cigar. Great nose and excellent sweetness.

Opus X .........the spiciest of all " Lanceros" by far. Very strong and very intense, definitely an after big dinner cigar.

Tatuaje Especiales ........ another strong and spicy cigar. The Nicaraguan tobacco makes it very unique.They could use some age.

Davidoff Lancero......... mild yet flavorful. Yes they are stupid money but what Davidoff isn't . Very well made cigar.

The Cuban " Lanceros" all need to be kept at 58-62 percent humidity. If you are keeping them at 70 percent then you will always have draw problems. 1999 and 2000 were the worst years for these cigars, especially the Cohiba Lancero. I have noticed that the 03 Partagas have all been fantastic in the construction department. I have smoked 3 boxes of these so far and not one plugged or even tight cigar.

I keep my non Cuban Lanceros in the same cabinet as my Cubans so I have had not one problem with them. I would imagine they could survive at higher humidity levels but why take a chance, keep them all at the 58-62 percent range.
[snapback]282344[/snapback]​

great list, just don't have the bankroll for these!